She Doesn't Have To // Leave A Message After The Tone

Y/n's beautiful figure is decorated with an elegant (shade) red dress. The cut is rather mature with a slit showing off her leg and a sexy cut complementing her breasts. She had done her hair up elaborately in various braids, twists and curls and her well done makeup highlights her best features. As for her jewelry, Y/n wears the extravagant necklace that Sangwoo had gifted her which had originally belonged to his mother. Just thinking of the object brings a large smile to the girl's face.

Although the look feels too Hollywood for a book release party, all of Y/n's coworkers seemed accustomed to it. Aside from the owner of the company, Professor Murry's friend, only women from their company were attending the event. Y/n quickly caught the hint that she would be using her womanly charms to win the noteworthy critics over. At least she was assured that she doesn't have to and shouldn't do anything that she doesn't want to. At least.

"Please allow me," Y/n makes smooth strides over to a decent looking man well into his fifties. He sits along a number of other critics as they talk and gossip about the upcoming books and new and old writers. The one Y/n has her eyes on wears an expensive suit and was reaching for the champagne bottle to pour himself a glass.

The man turns his gaze up at the approaching young lady. "Thank you, Miss..."

"L/n Y/n of (come up with a name) Incorporated. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Min. I read your posts everyday. I'm always excited to see what book you've picked up and your thoughts on it." Y/n takes the bottle and pours the expensive champagne into the tall glass. She had done part time work as a hostess before and the movement comes almost naturally. "You always manage to make me see them in a new light."

"Thank you," the man chuckles lightly as Y/n finishes pouring his glass. "You flatter me. I merely say the thoughts that come to mind."

"The analyzations which your brain conjures and understanding that you reach... it's something no one else's could ever fathom."

The man chuckles and takes a sip of his champagne. He's bashful. "You're a foreigner, are you not? Your pronunciation is quite impeccable. What is it that you do at that publishing company?"

"I wear many hats, sir. I work as a translator, editor, and author." Y/n produces a business card and offers it to the older man who takes it kindly in his pale hands.

"Have you had any of your work published yet?"

"I have in (homeland), but this will be my first time having a story published in Korea. The title is 'Obsessed With You'."

"Forgive me," the man realizes that he has been speaking to the woman whose book this entire party had been planned for and bows. "I had heard that you wouldn't be able to join us this evening."

"That is true. But when I heard that you would be in attendance, I knew I had to do everything that I could so that I could have the chance to meet you." Y/n notices his glass of champagne is empty and raises the bottle to pour him more. In polite refusal, the man raises his hand.

"Ah, thank you, but it is around the time for me to leave. It's past this old man's bedtime," he announces while chuckling.

Y/n smiles and sets her half drunken glass of champagne on to the table. "Please allow me to escort you to your car, Mr. Min."

"If it's no trouble," the well aged man links arms with Y/n. "Let us be off."

»»-------------¤-------------««

Y/n waves as the black limousine takes off into the distance. She was offered a ride home by the kind man, but she politely declined. Instead, she whips out her phone and dials Sangwoo's number.

Ring...

Ring...

Ring...

Nothing. Normally Sangwoo picks up the phone, and Y/n was banking on him doing so this time as well. She wants to talk to him about the cop. She had thought he looked familiar when she first saw him, but now she remembered. He was the one that stepped out the car and interrogated her when she went to Sangwoo's house after she found out his parents' death.

Isn't that suspicious? This man pretended not to know her and stalked her to get information about Sangwoo. Just how much does he know? And what is he looking for? How far will that man go to find it? Y/n dials her boyfriend's number again.

Ring...

Ring...

Ring...

"Hello?"

Disgust grows on Y/n's face. In order to not be overheard, she steps away from the bright main entrance if the event house and dwells in the shadows. It would be terrible to get a bad reputation after all of that smooth talking she did. "Where is Sangwoo?" Y/n refrained from the insults. If she wants correct information, she'll have to play nice.

"Here."

"Where is 'here'." Y/n asks slightly annoyed.

Yoonbum laughs a little nervously before talking into the phone again, "Ah, I'm sorry Y/n. Sangwoo is busy at the moment and unable to speak to you at this time. Please call back later or leave a message after the tone."

"Wait- wait Bum! Please!"

"Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep."