It Shouldn't Take Much // Trust Me

Homophobic views are presented in this chapter. I do not support nor endorse these negative views whatsoever.
Reader discretion is advised.

Sangwoo leans back on a wall as he waits for Hyunwoo to return with his milkshake. They had been taking their turns riding the rollercoasters and waiting in lines with the boys. This time Y/n went, leaving the two of them to entertain themselves.

"Here," Hyunwoo hands him the cold drink. Sangwoo glances up from his phone and takes it from him. He had gotten a chocolate milkshake while Hyunwoo had ordered just a bottle of water.

"Are the diets as restrictive as they say?"

Hyunwoo looks over at the buffer male, surprised at the sudden conversation. "Yeah. Pretty much." He thinks about the ones he and the other trainees have had in the past. "Sometimes they're really bad. But right now, mine is okay."

"Okay enough for me to offer you a sip?" Sangwoo tilts his milkshake towards the other male with confidence. It shouldn't take much to flatter Hyunwoo straight into his bed.

"No thanks, Y/n bought me a cookie earlier. I probably shouldn't have eaten it though." Sangwoo doesn't have a chance to express his anger about being rejected because Hyunwoo keeps talking. "She's your girlfriend right? She's so kind and intelligent." Hyunwoo fiddles with the bottom of his mask while looking away from Sangwoo's cold gaze. "It might sound weird coming from me, but she's the kind of person that everyone needs in their life. You're really lucky, man."

Sangwoo squeezes the chocolate milkshake, making the lid fly off. "Oops. I'll go get a new one." With that, Sangwoo leaves to release his embarrassment ensued fury.

»»-------------¤-------------««

"Hey, Y/n."

The female looks up at the sound of her name being addressed. Hyunwoo was with the boys having fun on the last ride of the day. Once they got back, everyone would have a late lunch. "Yes?"

"What do you think of gay people?"

"Huh?" Y/n jumps a little at the sudden question. To be asked so bluntly caught her off guard. "I mean I don't know, they're just people right?"

Sangwoo sits across from her with only a small table between them, but it feels like he is more distant than that. "What if I told you that someone that you think you know very well is gay?"

"I wouldn't care of course," she says while pouting her bottom lip slightly and shrugging. "They're not hurting anyone, so it's fine with me."

Sangwoo looks hard at Y/n, making her feel as if she is being interrogated. It's not a feeling she enjoys. "Wouldn't any good mother be devastated to find out their child goes against everything outlined by society and humans' very nature and biology?"

Y/n raises her eyebrow and jerks her head back. "What?" She doesn't give the man a chance to respond. "Wouldn't any good mother be accepting and loving of their child no matter what choices they make?"

Sangwoo releases a curt laugh, leaning closer towards Y/n. "And if the child chooses to kill people in their free time?"

Of course not. The pair know the response without having to speak.

Shaking her head, she sighs. "You know that being a murder and being gay are completely different."

Sangwoo looks like a lion waiting to pounce on his prey. "A good mother wouldn't still love their child if they chose to kill people for fun, right? They wouldn't hold them close and kiss them, and tell them that everything's alright." He laughs sickly. "Or am I wrong?"

Y/n looks away from him, all of her previous defiance deflated. She whispers out four words. "I'm not your mother." She stares out past the tall black gate lining the edge of the park and into depths of the green forest. I still can't wrap my mind around it. ...out of mind, out of sight, and it's still there.

"Baby, don't cry." Sangwoo had disappeared from his seat across from Y/n and reappeared next to her on the wide park bench with his large frame wrapped protectively around her. Like a candle whose flame has suddenly been blown out, all of his previous aggression disappears. "I love you too, you know." He wipes away the beautiful crystals as they begin to slide down her cheeks. "Don't make it seem like loving me is that bad." He kisses the top of the now sniffling girl's head. She's always so sensitive to his words. Why must she hold them with so much meaning? "We're together, so let's focus on us and just be happy."

"Stop thinking so much, just trust me."

Sangwoo's hand locks fingers with hers.

"Trust me."