Sorry I'm Late // I'm Ready To Shit Myself

Y/n: Hey, I didn't see you in class. Everything okay?

I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to make things awkward a few days ago

The girl sits in her professor's office as she anxiously waits for a reply from the infamous Sangwoo. Normally he would text back within ten minutes, but it's been a few hours since she first texted him. Y/n sighs as she smooths her hair. "I'm just being paranoid. Why am I even worried?" She mutters as she places her phone down on the table in front of her.

As if on cue her psychology teacher, Mr. Murphy returns to his office, "Sorry, I'm late. The dean wanted to chat for a moment." The dark skinned man takes a seat across from Y/n and sets his bag under the table after shifting some items around on his circular table. "Can you believe they didn't even give me a desk?"

"Xenophopes," she jokes while chucking. Her eyes dart to her phone for a second, but as always that's all it takes. "Waiting for someone?" Mr.Murphy asks while nodding towards the phone. His dark eyes lock onto Y/n's as he studies her. This is how he managed to get all his degrees before the age of  thirty: studying people.

After the two spend a good half of a minute just staring at each other, Y/n finally answers. "Oh, yeah. I'm waiting for my kid to call me." It was a mix of a lie and the truth. Her child, Jacob Joh L/n, better known as JoJo, is currently at a camp back in (homeland). He would be calling her tomorrow, not today.

At this, the man's naturally dark eyes light up with excitement, "How exciting! Do you have any pictures?" Y/n definitely does not seem like the type to fool around, especially without protection. But, this didn't stop the man from noticing her maturity and the disapproving motherly glare that she would occasionally direct at other students. "Yup!" Y/n smiles as her color returns to her face. She quickly pulls out a photo of the seven year old boy. "Everyone is always surprised when they find out that JoJo is my child or that I'm his mother." When she first took him to school all the other parents had thought that Y/n was his older sister. However, when the extremely well behaved three year old ran up to the sixteen year old calling "Mommy," their assumptions were quickly corrected.

"I'm not his biological mother though," Y/n admits as she slowly swipes through the pictures for Mr.Murphy. "That's what they always ask. But, it doesn't make him any less of my child." JoJo's biological mother, Y/n's sister, had passed away soon after giving birth. Both women were aware that it was going to happen. Y/n is just happy to have JoJo, so she pushes the bittersweet memories aside.

Finally ending his silence, her teacher chuckles, "You have the same smile. You and JoJo." A warm feeling washes over Y/n and a cooling sense of relief flows through the woman. His smile. JoJo could always light up her stressful day with that smile alone. Her little angel will soon return, giving his momma lots of love. In silence, her teacher hands her a tissue to wipe her tears away. Y/n takes it gratefully as she gives a small thanks.

"Right," she remembers, "I have the assignment. I ended up translating it as well, but here are the two copies." Y/n quickly digs through her bag and pulls out two thick packets of paper and places them onto the wobbly table. "Since I'm a literature major in Korea, I figured I should get some practice in anyway," she laughs as her teacher begins to read the front page.

The short story is called 'Obsessed With You', it's one of Y/n's favorite and most disturbing works. The story is written as a series of unsent letters from a man to this mystery woman. At first it's appears to be a light and fluffy love story, but as you read on the events and word choice become more and more strange. In the end it is revealed that the man had become developed an uncontrollable longing for this woman's body. He had dismembered her and kept each organ jarred separately and hidden in each place that the two characters had met through out the course of the book. Despite the man's obvious insanity, it is never clearly stated who was truly obsessed with the other. With a story like this, the intellectual reader will be able to pick up on small hints to create theories that may or may not be true. Still, even as the author, Y/n was never really sure. She enjoyed leaving some parts unsolved so that she can gift her reader with something to think about.

"You can take horror right?" Y/n asks in english, taking a much needed break from foreign language. The handsome man looks up from the first page, "Do french fries go with milkshakes?" Before Y/n can utter a word he adds, "Don't answer that. I don't want my image of you to be destroyed."

The man's diaphragm flutters joyously as his infectious laughter fills the room. "I love horror. Just from reading the introduction, I'm ready to shit myself." In between laughs and ragged breaths from the lack of oxygen, she replies, "Perfect! Let me know what you think!"

The girl from (homeland) grabs her (bookstore) tote bag and phone as she gets ready to take her leave. "I'll see you in class next week then!" Now recovered, Professor Murphy returns to his normal breathing patterns. "Alright Ms. L/n." More to himself he mutters, "That would explain you growing towards Oh Sangwoo. What with your child resembling him and all." At his words, Y/n sighs. She shoves her vibrating phone into her bag, while grabbing the door knob to leave. "Of course he does. Sangwoo is his father."