Regulate How Much // I Love You

Sangwoo chuckles as he ruffles his son's fluffy black hair in a loving manner. Although his face didn't show it, Y/n could tell he was still a little awkward around the boy. Nevertheless, it's obvious the caring man is a natural when it comes to children. He retracts his hand from the sleeping boy's head and drops it at his side. "Is he always like this?"

Amusement bubbles in Y/n as she smooths a light blanket down over JoJo. "Only when he has too much sugar, though it must have been really bad this time. I normally regulate how much he can get, he just goes crazy with it if you let him." Which is why she learned not to leave him in the hands of people that are too warm hearted, easily fooled by his adorable looks, and//or, too weak to correct him. She sighs at the memories of the times where JoJo exploited his teachers to get what he wanted. He would cry and guilt trip them, or integrate complements in the conversations he shared with them, he even kept the classroom quiet for his old kindergarten teacher so that she would always comply when he politely asked for lollipops. And each time she refused, he blackmailed her with noise. Y/n averts her eyes in thought towards the ground. I hope he didn't learn that from me.

"Bum." Confused, Y/n looks up, into the eyes of her boyfriend. "That bastard. He had one fucking job." Before Y/n can say a word, Sangwoo strides out of his room and stomps his way down the stairs. The thundering of his feet against the hard floors match the storm of fury in his eyes. "Bum!" He shouts, ignoring a scrambling Y/n. "Get your ass over here!"

Finally reaching his side, Y/n studies the obvious creases in his face and the tension growing in his muscles. She takes his fist gently into her hands. "O- Oppa, what's wrong?" It's not like Sangwoo to act like this. He's never been disrespectful, especially not to his elders. Even if that elder is a deadbeat.

His gaze softens and his eyes glaze over with love the moment he lays them on Y/n's worried expression. "Let me take care of this, I can't tolerate him messing up our happy family." He pauses for a split second, "Maybe you should go home, for today."

She stands agape at the man as his roommate comes scurrying into view. Is he just dismissing me? "Sangwoo, what do you mean? I thought we were going to spend the day together." Her voice comes out softly as her grip on his hand tightens by the smallest fraction.

The small man stares down at his feet. Bum's greasy hair looms over his ghostly pale face, hiding his guilty eyes from Sangwoo's callous glare. He doesn't try to sneak a peak at the higher beings hanging above him. After what happened last time, he wouldn't dare to 'enjoy the show' again.

"Didn't you hear what I said?" Sangwoo sucks his teeth as he looses his patience. "I said get out! Leave! I have other shit to deal with." He snaps his hand out her grip and flings it out towards the door, showing her the way in case she didn't know.

"W- what?" A lump begins to form in her throat. "Sangwoo, what's wrong? Why are you acting like this?" Her voice begins to waver, but she manages to keep her pesky tears in check. She opens her mouth to speak again, but nothing comes out.

The man takes a deep breath before bending down to look into his girlfriend's eyes. His hands go first to her neck before relaxing and resting above her shoulders and across her nape. "Y/n... I just don't want you to see me angry like this. ...And I wouldn't want JoJo to hear me yelling, won't you go home? Just for today?"

Her eyebrows furrow. He must be struggling to keep himself calm. But, giving a kid too much sugar isn't something to get this mad about. Could Bum have been making other mistakes prior to this? She sighs and her face melts back into compliance. If something else happened, it really isn't my business. Perhaps it is better if I leave. "Okay." Y/n nods to herself more than Sangwoo, telling herself that this decision is indeed the right one. "I'll leave. Just let me wake JoJo up."

"Thank you, Y/n. I really appreciate this." Sangwoo slides his hands down her arms and locks his fingers with hers, rewarding her for her compliance. A light smirk grows on his face as she boldly steps forward and rests her head against his chest. Warmth flows between them and throughout their bubble that separates them from the monster and the outside world. Everything is calm, harmony is in the air. A light kiss is placed on the love struck girl's forehead.

"The necklace looks beautiful on you. I just wanted to tell you that." Her arms tighten around him and she draws herself in closer, never wanting to leave his side. "And I love you. Always."