The Biggest Motivator // Arms Of You

Carefully, Y/n carries the hot apple cider to her waiting son. After the incident with Sangwoo, she added caramel on top of the whipped cream and then more powder cinnamon and finally a cinnamon straw. Even though it's basically just hot apple juice, it's probably one of the biggest motivators in JoJo's life.

"Here you go, sweetheart." Y/n speaks English to her son as he puts his book down and claps excitedly.

"Mommy! Thank you!" He goggles at the gigantic serving she made him. "Even whipped cream?!"

"Yup!" Y/n smiles as she takes the seat next to JoJo on the couch. She spots the freak peeking at them from behind a door. She doesn't react and turns her attention back to her son. "You deserve it for working so hard!"

JoJo laughs as he gets booped on the nose by his young mother. After returning the gesture, he picks his book up again. "I just got to the good part of this story. The protagonist has finally realized the evil force was one of his own creation." Y/n listens carefully as he flips back a few pages from his book mark. "How do you read these kanji? They mean complete destruction or annihilation right?"

"Uh," Y/n looks at the characters her son had pointed out. "It's pronounced 'zenmetsu' and you're right about the meaning." The book has a barcode, but not the type that libraries use. "Who suggested this book? And how'd you pay for it?"

JoJo takes his book back and makes some notes in pencil where he had trouble reading. "Thank you, Mom. Someone from your job appeared at the school when Dad picked me up. He was looking for you, so I told him you were sick. He gave me a gift card to get a book that's published by your company. Dad and I went to the store and this is the only Japanese work that was available." JoJo giggles, "This story is really good! And you're in it!"

So Sangwoo took him. Y/n sighs, he couldn't have known this was not kid appropriate and he probably underestimated JoJo's knowledge anyway. She smiles, "Could you tell? That this is one of the ones I helped edit?"

"Of course!" JoJo giggles, "Because Mommy's stories are the best!"

Y/n kisses his forehead. 'Thank god I told the author to get rid of the sex scene.' "You're too sweet. I'm gonna go to the bathroom and then we can go to home."

"Okie dokie!"

»»-------------¤-------------««

Y/n hunts down the goblin fairly quickly. She nails it in place with her firm and cold glare.

"Come near my kid and, god so help me, I will tear your fucking heart out your chest with my bare hands." Yoon Bum looks away in unspoken submission.

"Try me." She crouches down to his height and drags his collar to make him look her in the eyes. "You'll beg to return to the arms of your uncle."