The Descriptions Of The Murder // Will Make It All Worth It

"Oh my god!" Y/n screams as she reads through the email she received from her professor, Mr. Murphy.

I'm astonished, Ms. Y/n. That story is incredible. Incredible. I don't think I will ever look at love letters the same way. Y/n, my friend, your writing is disturbingly beautiful. The way you changed certain details between the Korean and English versions to fit the culture is marvelous. Excellent job. The descriptions of the murder were very ravenous and gruesome yet elegant at the same time. The whole thing sent countless shivers down my spine. This story will haunt me forever. A+, Ms. Y/n. This is magnificent.

I hope you don't mind, but I allowed one of my friends to read your work. He owns a small publishing company and recently had trouble with awkward and/or bad English translations. So, when he read your work he was amazed at how good your translation was. He would love to meet you and offer you a full paid job. He also said that your classes would not be affected as you could do all your work when you please as long as you meet your deadlines. It's a good deal and he treats his employees well, but don't feel too pressured to take the job. Contact me with your answer and I can relay it to him.

Great work!
-Mr. Murphy

She cups her hand over her mouth as she squees with amazement. "Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!" Bounding with ecstasy, Y/n hurriedly answers her professor's email, giving him many thanks and expressing how much she would love to have the job. The girl leaves out how much she needs the job, and settles for a final, 'thank you so much' before pressing send.

Without a care in the world, the smiling girl dances her way into the shower. There she sings her heart out, replacing built up stress with great relief. A hefty knock at her front door pulls the naked girl out of her blissful daydream as she shuts off the hot water. "Shit. I lost track of the time."

Y/n freezes as she tries to figure out what to do. She isn't dressed, but she can't leave whoever is at the door just standing there, that would be rude. She curses under her breath and hurriedly dries herself off, pulling on her fresh undergarments and throwing on her old robe. She would have to skip makeup and moisturizer for now.

Hair still wet and dripping, Y/n glares through the peep hole to see Sangwoo bending over. "Is he, is he kissing someone?" She whispers. Not waiting to find out, the girl flings open the front door, startling a short black haired man who must be the roommate she has heard of.

The girl steps back from the door to let them inside. "Ah, I'm so sorry you have to see me like this," she bows quickly, embarrassment obvious in her expression. "I didn't want to keep you waiting outside any longer."

"Don't worry about it so much, we're friends aren't we?" Sangwoo asks as he steps inside the small apartment and shuts the door behind his silent plus one.

"Ah right, well please excuse me for a moment. Feel free to take a seat." In a rush, the girl escapes back into the bathroom to finish her normal routine.

"What a slut." Bum labels the fleeing girl. To think she would pull this little shower trick to get into Sangwoo's pants, how low will she go?

"She's my slut, so watch it." His words come out bland and uncaring, but Yoon Bum knows better than to challenge them. Instead, he lets his mind wonder to whether or not this was the girl that his boyfriend always seemed to be texting. She isn't the least bit attractive. Her body shape is horrendous, her skin resembles that of an ogre's, and even her voice sounds worse than nails on a chalkboard. She didn't even have proper manners. It's revolting.

Finally, the woman re-emerges from the bathroom. She wears a black ripped overalls whose straps complement the girl's bust. A simple grey slim fitting crop-top covers her chest, just exposing the smallest amounts of her stomach. Her hair has also been done and the smallest amounts of makeup have been applied to highlight her existing features. "Again, I am so sorry for the wait, but I'm very happy to see you both."

The girl begins to introduce herself to the stranger, "I'm Y/n. I go to school with Sangwoo." A long moment of silence follows as the crippled man stares at the girl with a mix of envy and disgust. In ten minutes? Ten minutes made her go from a one to a six? This bitch should just fucking die. A hard nudge knocks Yoon Bum out of his thoughts.

"Sorry about him." Sangwoo covers up, "He is just a little shy." The large man rests his hand over Yoon Bum's shoulder in a friendly manner. "I know she is pretty, but you still have to talk to her," he directs his words to Yoon Bum without missing out on Y/n's embarrassment.

"Stop exaggerating," Y/n orders playfully. "All your compliments are gonna go to my head." Before Sangwoo can get another sly comment in, Y/n's phone goes off, filling the apartment with loud elevator music. "Ah, I have to get that. Um, make yourselves at home. Mi casa es su casa."

"Hey baby," the mother croons to her child in English as she holds her phone up to her ear, turning away from her guests. Everything was almost set up and Y/n was done with having her child be such a far distance away. It unsettled her, but that would hopefully end soon.

"Hi Mommy!" The little boy greets her with obvious excitement. Luckily, he spoke in English. Y/n can only hope that he is learning how to differentiate between the languages that he had picked up, she can't have him running around speaking English or Japanese to people that don't have a good handle on the language. It would be too dangerous if something bad happened. "Listen to this, I met all these people here and now I have friends too. The councilors say that I'm the most advanced, isn't that great?!"

His laughter channels through the phone and Y/n takes a seat on her couch, ignoring the confused glances from her guests. "That's amazing JoJo, I'm so proud of you!"

He giggles some more and the mother can guess that he is smirking rather obnoxiously for a little seven year old. The adorable thought causes her heart to warm. "Oh! Mommy, all of my friends talk about their dads. Do you know where mine is? Do I have one?"

A weight drops in her chest and Y/n nervously makes eye contact with Sangwoo who offers a slightly confused smile in response. She searches his eyes, ignoring the angry gnome looking man. After a moment, she brings her attention back to her phone, "Yeah Sweetie. You have a dad. How about we go see him when I pick you up?"

"Yes! Let's do it! Thank you Mommy!" He shouts a little too loudly into the phone. "Oh, my friends are calling me, I have to go."

"Alright hun," she chuckles into the phone. "I love you JoJo, stay safe."

He giggles from the other end, "I love you too Mommy! I'll beat up anyone that tries to hurt you!" The call ends and Y/n laughs as he had said the last part in Japanese.

She looks down and holds her phone tightly in her hands. A slow salty droplet clings to her cheek before falling to her chin and onto the couch, sinking into the worn fabric. Her next words escape her lips as soft as a whisper but more powerful then her suffering within, as if it was unleashed by an unidentified entity that protects while bringing no harm. "Just one smile of his will make it all worth it."