Word Travels Fast // Mandatory Attendance

"Ah, Y/n. You're awake."

"Sangwoo?" Y/n rubs her eyes. As she tries to open them, she finds the room too bright and pulls the stiff cover back over her eyes.

"No, sorry love. Judging by the flowers and the nurses' gossiping he was here not too long ago though." Y/n peeks her head out from the stiff and over-washed bedding.

"Mr. Murphy, how did you know I was here?"

"You're popular you know. People get worried and word travels fast." Mr. Murphy takes a moment to smell the red flowers sitting beautifully at Y/n's hospital bedside.

https://pin

https://pin.it/qg246yqlgtvpcx

"Sangwoo must have bought these for you. Red tulips mean undying love in the language of flowers." He checks a tag and reads the note out, "'You'll have to wait a little longer for the ring ♡.' The ring? He didn't propose to you did he?" The man asks with great anticipation and a large smile.

"Undying love. Sounds like Sangwoo," Y/n chuckles. "As for the proposal," Y/n pauses. "Well it was sudden and informal, but yes, I guess you could say that he proposed." Y/n shares the news with a proud smile. Slowly, as to not move her ankle, Y/n sits up in the bed. She's always dreamed of marrying Sangwoo. When she was younger she had always imagined her father walking her down the isle and her sister being her maid of honor. But that's impossible now.

"And your answer?" He asks curiously as he places a small bouquet of daisies in a small glass.

https://pin

https://pin.it/6fg3n6bjwvejth

Even though Y/n's old dreams are now impossible, she has something much better to look forward to. "I said yes of course!" Now, she can have JoJo as her ring bearer.

»»-------------¤-------------««

"Wu Jiao-Long! Nicky!" Y/n exclaims as she watches the pair enter her hospital room. " I wasn't expecting to see you guys here."

Jiao and Nicky are from her job. Y/n must be getting so many emails. Normally, she would be multitasking on her computer, but she is numb on pain medication and only has her phone. She had begged Sangwoo to bring her her laptop, but he said no working and only resting. Maybe Y/n should just escape.

"Of course we came to visit! We heard you broke your ankle." Nicky walks around the room and examines the two beautiful flower arrangements.

"It seems we weren't first," Jiao comments. He sets three bags of snacks next to Y/n's bedside and steps out saying that he'll have a nurse come and bring Y/n more water as her glass is empty.

"So what did your dumbass do? Fall down stairs?" Nicky asks while sitting on the edge of Y/n's bed and popping open a bag of chips that Jiao had brought for her.

"Yeah... actually," Y/n chuckles. "But aren't you guys busy? Is it okay for you to be here right now?"

Jiao returns to the room and immediately snatches the bag of chips away from Nicky. "Those are not for you!" He glares at the girl and she sticks her tongue out at him before crossing her arms.

Y/n laughs at their little exchange and Jiao eventually answers her question. "The publishing party was only yesterday, so everyone is taking it easy for now."

"And damn! Y/n you were looking fine yesterday!" Nicky's eyes widen with excitement. "You looked like you belonged on a red carpet, no wonder you were able to sweet talk Mr. Min Hyungi!"

Jiao-Long smiles, "I'm impressed, Y/n."

Y/n shakes her head bashfully. "I really didn't do much. I just hope he enjoys the book."

"Oh right," Nicky looks down at her watch for a split second and Y/n can tell that they have to go soon. It's so like them to lie about not being busy. "Mr. Boss Man wants know to when you want to come back to work. He also said to make sure that your rest good and long enough to come back in top condition."

"So no rush," Jiao-Long adds.

"After three days, I can translate again and I think I can still meet my deadline with my current manuscript. As for the meetings, I'll probably have to call in. It will be hard for me to get around for a while as I adjust to the crutches and catch up on the work. If there's mandatory attendance, I can do it, but I may be late."

The pair nod. "That's not resting at all, but okay Y/n."

Y/n chuckles and slowly fakes a yawn. They have to work. "I'm gonna sleep, but call me if you need anything."

"Will do."

»»-------------¤-------------««

"Y/n. Ms. Y/n. Ms. Y/n!" An unfamiliar voice rouses her from her drowsy state. Her ankle throbs with pain and her back hurts from laying the stiff bed for so long. Right. She's in the hospital.

Y/n rubs her eyes and looks over to the man who had awoken her. He sits stiffly in the chair and stares down at her. Y/n's heart sinks in her chest and no words manage to come out of her mouth.

"Oh good, you're awake. I have something interesting to share with you, Y/n."