III

Your job is to obey my will,Follow my directions exactly and immediately

Follow my directions exactly and immediately.
Mine is to make sure you don't have
To focus on anything other than that.
Understand?
- Joey W. Hill,
Unrestrained

I squinted my eyes as the sunlight woke me up from my slumber. It was simply the best night I've ever had, after everything that occurred between Zayn and me, everything felt perfect.
     I couldn't help the stupid smile that made its way unto my lips. I had just woken up but my heart was pounding in my chest at the thought of seeing Zayn. I couldn't help thinking what the outcome was going to be.
     However, my smile faded away immediately. I sat up and saw that I was in my room— in my bed. A frown made its way onto my lips. At that moment, I felt my heart contrast in my chest, so many things running through my mind. I couldn't understand why he would bring me back to my room.
     Why after everything that happened between us? He didn't say he loves me or anything but his actions proved a point;

     That he cared about me— and that was enough.

With a heavy heart, I made my way to the bathroom, freshened up and took a quick shower. I couldn't be bothered with an outfit, too many questions were running through my mind so I settled for a dress t-shirt and faded washed out jeans, my hair left messily.
     I knew it was just sex and he didn't owe me anything. It could have been out of pity anyway but that didn't stop me from putting meaning to it— It felt like it meant something. The way he looked at me, fucked me deeply and told me I was very beautiful, it felt like it meant something.
     I trotted out of the room and towards the kitchen, knowing, as usual, he'd be there with a mug in his right hand and a tab before him as he sat on the barstool and I wasn't wrong. His entire attention was on the technology he had in his hand— my heartbeat escalated.

     With Zayn, it could all go down the drain within seconds and that scared me.
     "Hey," I greeted softly, nerves getting the best of me but I tried my best not to show it. I was answered with silence and I frowned slightly.
     He didn't even look my way and I just stood there like a fool— A fool waiting, waiting for him to get his shit together but it seemed to be too much to ask for.
     I swallowed the lump in my throat and made my way towards the fridge. Panic taking over my insides, this was the Zayn I knew all too well and I knew that wasn't a good sign.
     The Zayn that barely spoke to me and whenever he did, it made me feel like crap. The Zayn who paid me to sign a stupid contract so he could have his way with me— it was my decision but it never failed to make me feel like a prostitute.

     A feeling I hate with my entire being.

I pulled out a bottle of water, turning around to face him. The silence was killing me, I needed to know whatever it was he was thinking.
     "Would you vanish from my presence? I'm trying to work here."
     He said rudely and I was really taken aback. Albeit I saw it coming with the way in which I was greeted— with silence. The shock was still written all over my face and he watched me sternly. His eyes filled with so much anger and hate. I blinked several times, my heart shattering into a billion pieces.
     "Wh..what?"
I stammered. He sighed frustratedly.
     "Just because I fucked you last night doesn't change anything Muna. Nothing has changed, it meant nothing so stop acting like I owe you a fucking good morning kiss."
     He spoke calmly but irritatedly and I couldn't stop my heart from breaking more than it already had— like I had been stabbed with several knives.
     I was dumbfounded as I stood before him. Wanting to shout at him and yell at him not to talk to me like that but I fell back into my old ways, obeying him. I nodded meekly, trying mightily hard to hold back my tears.
     His gaze stayed on me a little longer than usual but he turned away just as fast, almost like it never happened.
     He continued with whatever it was he was doing, leaving me to stand there like a fool.