XLV

I could only imagine how awkward she felt standing before everyone as they scrutinized every feature on her

I could only imagine how awkward she felt standing before everyone as they scrutinized every feature on her. I caught a few people glancing at Zayn and looking back at her.

What the hell?
     "Hey."
Maddie pulled her in for a hug at which she hugged back gleefully. It was only then that she took her eyes off Zayn. I felt as though I was sitting on a brick wall.
     He went completely immobile and I was really starting to panick inwardly but refused to show it just yet.
     "What are you doing here?"
Maddie asked with a slight chuckle at which the unknown woman rolled her eyes.
     "I changed my mind," Her voice was soo soft and for a second I thought I imagined it.
There was a strong aura of beauty that surrounded her and if she had any involvement with Zayn, I'm a downgrade compared to her.
     "Glad you did Kim."
Doniya said as she made her way closer and pulled her in for a hug.

Kim? Kimberly? No.

All the blood in my body rushed into my head and I diverted my gaze. I was soo confused. I completely zoned out but all I could see was everyone giving her a hug.
I looked up at Nicholas and he was looking directly at me. Confusion and anger were evident in his eyes— Behind that was concern and I immediately wanted to run into his arms and cower away.
She barely glanced at me but her presence was very intimidating. Her skin was very pale compared to my dark skinned tone.
     "You okay?"
I whispered to Zayn but he just nodded, not once taking his eyes off her. In his eyes was soo much love and anger towards her. It didn't take much for me to know that it's her for sure.
It's his Kimberly, the woman whose name is a tattoo on everyone's tongue. The woman whom he loves soo much but harbors immense anger towards. 
     She excused herself and began to make her way towards us, my heart literally stopping when she acknowledged my presence for the first time. There was a prominent frown on her face before glancing back at Zayn.
He stood to his feet, bringing me up with him, his hand on my hips but immediately fell off when we stood completely.
Everyone went about their business except for his close family. It was like my body caged and protected him from her.
     "Hey!"
She smiled at him, her voice barely audible. Up close there was soo much sadness in her gorgeous blue eyes.

Fuck, she's beautiful.
     "Hi," His voice was strained. They awkwardly stared into each other's eyes and hell I wanted to know what was running through his mind. It was soo fucking obvious that she's in love with him.
Which made me even more confused— I thought she wasn't. Plus what the fuck is 'hi'? It sounded off coming from a man like him.
     She diverted her gaze back at me, a silent request to be introduced which Zayn caught on to really quickly.
     "This is Muna. Muna, Kimberly."
I couldn't recognize the voice of the man that stood next to me and when he pulled me closer by my waist, his touch was alien to me.
     My heart, God my heart.
I sent a smile her way, extending my hand to shake hers but all she did was look at me. She was angry and didn't even try to hide it.
     "Oh—"
Even though he didn't say who I was to him, she caught on, eyeing his hand on my waist. I didn't want him touching me.
I withdrew my hand awkwardly, trying my hardest to contain my anger.
     "Yeah. . ."
Nany popped out of nowhere, grabbing her by her shoulders. "Come with me Kim!" She spoke sweetly as she practically dragged her away.