XLVI

As Nicholas practically dragged me out, I could see Doniya, Safaa, Waliyha and Nany watching with concerned faces

As Nicholas practically dragged me out, I could see Doniya, Safaa, Waliyha and Nany watching with concerned faces. Even Doniya looked concerned but I didn't give a shit.
They all looked soo much like Zayn and looking at them only reminded me of him so I wasn't going to.
Before Nany could rush over to us we were already out the door. I heard Zayn's voice call my name faintly but I must've imagined it. I bet he was still busy caressing and passionately kissing her.
Nicholas didn't ask any questions. He just softly massage the back of my hand that was clasped in his. I didn't need him to open the car door for me, immediately he unlocked it, I literally jumped in for dear life— It was until then I could freely breathe.
I felt his presence next to me but just for a brief second before I went back to being all alone in my imaginary cage.
I was beyond devastated. I've never been this heartbroken. Honestly, I don't know if I was aware of my surroundings. I was completely and utterly numb.

Nicholas' phone kept ringing nonstop— the only sound that graced my ears. It almost made me feel alive because for a while I thought otherwise.
It stopped. Didn't ring again and I wish it did. I assumed he switched it off.
It wasn't that late and as we drove through neighborhoods, I just stared at every house. I wondered which ones contained families that turned them into homes.
It just reminded me of what I'd never have. Of what was wickedly taken away from me.
I felt Nicholas put his palm on my knee and instantly shut my eyes.
It reminded me of Zayn and even though I would've beaten the shit out of him if I saw him, it comforted me.

Nicholas comforted me.

We arrived at where I assume he was staying whiles in LA— a hotel that I couldn't bother myself to remember. I just wanted to be alone so I could cry myself to sleep.
I wanted to scream in Zayn's face and tell him how fucking stupid he is for choosing her. All anger aside, she is beautiful and that is what kills me.
She's everything that I'm not and with her by his side, he'd probably never think of me even for a split second.
He opened the door to his suite and let us in. I still wasn't aware of my surroundings, I just walked in and leaned against the wall— not knowing what to do with my body.
Nicholas stood before me, holding my face firmly between his palms so I wouldn't look anywhere else but at him.
     "You'd be fine."
He assured me and I wanted to believe him soo badly but I knew I wouldn't. At least not for a while.
I flung myself into his arms and he instinctively wrapped them around me. I cried into his chest, sobbing uncontrollably.
It wasn't fair to him. This is all a fucked up cycle that won't change until we all move on with our lives.
Nicholas was furious, his orbs were as black as ever as he stared back at me but instantly softened to strengthen me.
Without uttering a word, he laced my fingers with his and pulled me softly to follow him which I did. He lead us into his bedroom and directly towards the bathroom.
     "I'd be right out that door and just a call away."

ZAYN'S POV
It took every bone in my body to push Kimberly away when I heard the sound outside. My heart stopped at the thought of someone spying on us. Quickly, I sprinted for the door to catch the person and I fucking lost it instantly.
     I'd recognize that body anywhere. Maddie had assured me a thousand percent that Kimberly left for London a couple of days ago so to see her after all this time since the last five years— it broke me.
     I know for a fact that I went about everything the wrong way but that's what she does to me. She fucks with my head and makes it very hard for me to comprehend anything apart from her.
And now Muna just got a front row seat to a conversation that I wish she never knew took place. I could only imagine how hurt and disappointed she must be feeling as I took off after her.
     Kimberly grumbled something about me letting whoever it is go but I ignored her.