XLIII

If life were predictableIt would cease to be lifeAnd be without flavor - Eleanor Roosevelt

It would cease to be life
And be without flavor
- Eleanor Roosevelt

I was very nervously chewing on my nails and Zayn kept chuckling but I ignored him. According to him, we were about five minutes away from Nany's house and I was terrified she wouldn't like the present I bought for her...
     "I'm pretty sure she wouldn't care. Your presence will mean more than whatever it is you bought."
I glared at him but he was busy typing on his phone screen, totally oblivious to my annoyance. It took me a freaking long time to figure out what to get for her so hearing that wasn't exactly comforting.
     "You're something else."
I mumbled, receiving a chuckle from him yet again. As much as he was chuckling left and right, I could tell he was tensed. I could see it in his body posture and I wanted to ask but decided against it. There is no denying that he has changed towards me soo much but damn he still flips out on me randomly and I wasn't in the mood either.
     The car pulled into the driveway of a beautiful home that I assumed to be Nany'. I was really looking forward to meeting her. She was the closest thing I got to comfort since my mum became sick. She radiated such a motherly presence and feel that made me grow to appreciate her in seconds. Even if something miraculously springs out from hell, with her around, I'd be strong enough to fight back.

I hadn't noticed Zayn was dragging me towards the front door until we were actually standing before it.
     "Relax baby!"
He pulled me closer to him by my waist, nestling his face in the crook of my neck as he pressed the doorbell.
     "I am."
I mumbled as he began laying soft kisses on my skin, his definition of a distraction which totally works. He ignored me but just as I was about to speak again, the door flew open, revealing a young girl with furrowed brows. Zayn pulled away instantly, straightening his posture. He connected our fingers and pulled me in, ruffling the hair of the young girl in the process.
     She swatted his hand away, clearly already irritated by him. I could tell she was one of his sisters. The striking resemblance gave it away.
     "Don't do that! It took me ages to style my hair."
She rolled her eyes and instantly diverted them back to me. Fuck I was nervous.
     "You look too good for him—"
She said flatly and I couldn't hold in my giggle.
     "That's my lovely sister, Safaa."
I could hear the sarcasm in his voice at which she rolled her eyes. His eyes didn't darken neither did he pay any attention to her rolling her eyes at him like he usually does when I do.
     "—Hi, I'm Muna."
I stretched out my hand which she looked at for a second and chuckled in disbelief.
     "I know who you are. I do hugs."
She pulled me in for a hug which caught me off guard but damn was I happy.
     She tugged Zayn with her and I just walked behind them. That went well? She's a typical teenager who happens to be really intimidating, damn. She's being nice but her aura is intense that it scares the crap out of me.
     "She's soo pretty."
I heard her whisper to Zayn.
     "I got lucky."
He said loudly for me to hear and turned and winked at me at which she groaned painfully.