XXXIV

I woke up to an empty bed but it was more of a shock as to how he still had strength to leave for work

I woke up to an empty bed but it was more of a shock as to how he still had strength to leave for work. Afternoon was fast approaching and I was getting ready to leave even though I had promised not to.
     Who can blame me? There was no possible way I could stay in such a big ass house all by myself and not feel bored to death.
     It has been precisely four days since Zayn and I became official. I would have to admit that I do forget every once in a while. Sometimes I forget that I'm no longer his purchased woman. Not in a horrid way— I just do. I would always have to pinch myself and remember I could kiss him whenever I wanted to and call him mine without fears.
     We haven't spoken of that night yet, I'm glad he's never brought it up but it has definitely changed the way he treats me— the way he looks at me.

I lost track of time sitting in the clear water tub, thinking about everything and nothing. I've been wanting to move but my muscles wouldn't let me. I should be happy— I am. . . I am but I don't know if I actually am.

When he's around I'm a thousand percent sure but then when he leaves I feel it— what it'd feel like when he leaves. This was all very new to me, being with a man that I wasn't selling myself to. I had always imagined what my first ever real relationship would be like and not once did I picture the one I'm in now but I'm happy. . . I am.
     I heard footsteps in our room and quickly became alert. The hairs on my skin rose up, my eyes wide with terror.
     "There you are."
I shrieked from fear before registering the feminine voice that rung in the entire bathroom. She jumped from my outburst as well and for seconds we just stared at each other.
     "Oh my God, I'm sooo sorry for scaring you like that."
She reached for a towel and stretched it out to me but I couldn't ignore my heart beat. Just the thought of the fear that ran through my bones at the memories that came rushing back had me paralyzed for seconds.
     "—It's fine," I took it. I knew who she was the second she scared me out of my own skin. My many afternoons of evading Zayn's privacy had lead me to seeing several pictures of her. However, I had no idea what her name was.
     "My heart is shaking."
She chuckled and I joined in.
     "I'm not even sure mine is still in my chest."
I all but joked and she shook her head in embarrassment.
I got out and dried myself as she stood by, practically assessing my naked body.
     "I had no idea we were going to meet like this but nevertheless it's a pleasure."
She said, leaning against the wall. Let's just say she had no regard for privacy.
     "Sorry."
I laughed nervously and extended my hands to her.
     "—I'm Muna."
I said and she smiled, a replica of Zayn.
     "Trust me, I know that and much more."
She shook my hands.
     "—I'm Waliyha, Zayn's favorite sister. He wouldn't admit it but it's true."
She walked out, leading me to follow. I didn't know what to say or do. I wondered if he knew she was here and how he'd feel about his sister meeting me.

I got dressed quickly as she waited for me somewhere downstairs. Should I inform Zayn of her visit? I had no idea what to do. It probably might not be a big deal but what if it weirdly makes him angry? That's my Zayn for you.
     I got dressed in black baggy jeans and an orange t-shirt. My hair was all over the place because I had not a single clue of what to do with it.
     After a much needed convincing, Waliyha and I were off to a girls day. It felt refreshing but weird at the same time. Having a female friend apart from Cheryl is something that has never happened since I met her.
     "No offence but you're soo not his type, although fucking bomb."
She said as we took our seat at a diner. I quirked my brow but none was taken, I knew exactly what she meant.
     "You are practically a tomboy. I mean look at you!"
She laughed and I chuckled.
     "Oh shut up, I really do know how to entice if I'm truly down for it."
I shot back playfully and she gagged. Yes, we had gotten that much comfortable around each other in such a short while.
     "Exactly my point. It's always Zayn's way or the highway, you get what I mean?"
She rolled her eyes as though mocking him and I laughed, shaking my head in agreement.
     "Right? Only Kimberly was his weapon. You both are soo different."
She slouched back in her chair with folded arms but no matter how much I tried to play it cool, the mention of her annoyed me. It's like she's a permanent tattoo on the lips of everyone. I wonder if I know what she looks like— what if she's one of those gorgeous women in the pictures.
     "Oh!"
She said as realization sunk in because of my grim mood. I smiled and waved it off even though jealousy was eating me up inside. It had been itching my tongue to ask her more about Kimberly but I couldn't. It wouldn't have been right.
     "—Not in a negative way from each other. More like you're a kit Kat and she's a bounty."
     Wasn't sure what she meant by that but it was an interesting example. I think KitKat is tastier than bounty anyway.
     "Ugh it's fine," I assured her. However, I couldn't bring myself to focus.