XXIX

Love is messyBecause we're allA little messed up- Perry Poetry

Love is messy
Because we're all
A little messed up
- Perry Poetry

Major - Why I love you

We got dressed in our respective rooms and were out the door in no time. Zayn was dressed in a blue sweatpants and a black long sleeved t-shirt. I was shocked but he looked like a Greek god nevertheless.
     I think he was digging the whole casual look. On the other hand, I settled for a black t-shirt dress and black sneakers. I looked like a sixteen-year-old but that's what happens when you have a baby face.
     We drove in silence as I looked out the window. I was glad Zayn didn't make any comments about my outfit like he always did whenever we were going to meet his friends.

He'd occasionally glance at me and smile. Everything was perfect but I was scared shitless. First of, I've always been scared of love and now I've found it. Secondly, I wasn't running and I knew I should because this was only going to last for two months. Then what?
     I came back to Zayn deciding to only spend two months with him and leave no matter what. It's selfish, I know but I have to do what I have to do.
     He was different now more than ever. We slept in the same bed two days in a row— his bed. I know it's something he never does so it left me wondering why he was allowing it. Why did he make love to me on his bed? Everything was confusing and pleasing at the same time. I couldn't believe he was behaving in such a way with me.

We were in slight traffic on the busy streets of New York City and I couldn't understand why we couldn't just walk.
     "How far away are we?"
I asked and he gave me a 'it better not be what I'm thinking' look but it definitely was what he was thinking.
     "A few minutes," he said, tapping on the steering wheel impatiently.
     "And we've been parked here for almost fifteen minutes. The traffic isn't moving."
     I stated the obvious but he ignored me. I pouted and looked out the window. There was a little girl in the car next to us that smiled at me. I was literally in love. Her front teeth were non existent and her piercing blue eyes made her look cute considering her brown hair.
     I waved at her and she waved back coyly. It took us another twenty minutes before we arrived. It turned out that it was just a five minutes walk from where we had been stuck in traffic.
     Zayn was suddenly being strange. I was beginning to think that we needed space from each other. Being around each other could get into our heads and give room to silly thoughts and fears.

The building was fancy— valets up front. Ladies dressed executively and signs that read 'members only'. I began to feel underdressed but was glad Zayn was as well. I clung on to his hand immediately and allowed him to lead the way. No one stopped him— he walked like he owned the place and everyone acknowledged him.
     I had never stepped my feet in such a fancy looking place in my entire life until a few months ago— suddenly I've been surrounded by luxury left and right. It was definitely a place where only rich people hung out. We entered a lounge and saw Alberto sitting with another male who's back was facing us.
     I gulped instantly because I knew who it was. I had no idea how I hadn't fallen dead instantly. I couldn't believe I was going to be in such an awkward gathering.  A part of me was angry at Zayn knowing he might have set this up.
     That'd explain why he has been acting strange since we left the house. I felt stupid and immediately pulled away from him, wanting to turn around and run— caught his frown from my peripheral vision and hell I was pleased.