LIV

The biggest coward is a man Who awakens a woman's loveWith no intention of loving her- Bob Marley

Who awakens a woman's love
With no intention of loving her
- Bob Marley

Why don't we - 8 letters

Chaos everywhere. Everyone ran up and down in the kitchen when I entered for my shift from the back door. I was terribly late but as usual I knew James would pardon me. I quickly grabbed an apron and readied myself for work.

It was a busy Saturday morning as always. I tried to wait as many tables as possible so I could get more tips. The job here pays very well. Sure it did get hectic sometimes but for the most part the tips were amazing. Nowhere close to the tips I made working for Nicholas but still good.

It is a family friendly; high class restaurant and the clients were usually really respectful towards us except for a few exceptions. Overall I wasn't complaining.
I stood in the corner next to a gorgeous waitress with black hair and beautiful green eyes. We conversed back and forth as we occasionally scanned the restaurant for people who might need our service.
She was the only waitress that was friendly to me, the rest always gave me the most attitude but I wasn't bothered. I've never liked making many friends in the first place.

My eyes shot towards James who was waving his hands subtly to get my attention.
He signaled me over from across the room and I huffed— knowing he was going to ask me to attend to a specific customer as always.
"Please get booth 9!"
I nodded my head and turned around sharply but he stopped me.
"Oh and please tell Aaron to make me a shake, a vanilla Oreo shake to be specific."
I chuckled with an eye roll but nodded anyway.

I did just as he asked. I looked for Aaron who was busy yelling at the new waitress— the poor thing. He tried yelling  at me when I newly started but I shut it down real quick.
"Give her a break A, it's really never that deep."
I patted her shoulder and she smiled at me.
"It's the third time she has messed up the mixture."
He whined but I just ignored him. He's a damn perfectionist that's why James always ask for him specifically to make his shakes.
"Could still be used tho," I shrugged and he glared at me.
"James. Vanilla oreo shake."
I pointed mockingly and he literally bore holes into my head. He can't stand the sight of me and it honestly just makes me mess around with him more.

I fetched my small notepad and a pen— mentally readying myself in case that person is a dick. I made my way to booth 9 hurriedly but hell the restaurant is massive and the booths are at the far end.
I silently prayed that it was one person because my shift was almost over and I didn't want to have to stay even a second more.
"Hello my name is Muna and I'd be your waitress for today."
I spoke really fast— those introductions are always awkward for me and it irks me that I have to tell them my real name.

I flipped the notepad, preparing the page to take down their orders and for the first time when I glanced up my heart stopped— my entire world coming to a stand still.
I blinked to make sure I wasn't seeing things as two pairs of eyes watched me. Alberto and Zayn. . . Zayn, my Zayn.