XVI

In the endWe'll allBecomeStories

In the end
We'll all
Become
Stories. . .
- Anca

"To touch you," I stated boldly, daring not to look away. For a second the only look on his face was a blank stare.
"You know th—"
He began to speak but I cut him off.
"—That can never happen. . . I know," I shrugged.
He opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by the waitress that brought our meal, a different one might I add.
I sent a smile her way which she returned charmingly.
"Enjoy your meal," She bowed slightly and left.

Our meal was consumed in dead silence. Nature had a way of letting me know that his eyes were on me the entire time as I felt his heavy stare but for some reason I kept my eyes locked on my food and only glance up occasionally but never in his direction.
My appetite was lost so half of my food remained on my plate.
"You barely touched your food, why?"
He asked sternly. I knew very well that me eating healthily was included in our contract and I had every intention of complying henceforth but in that moment, I couldn't.
"I don't have an appetite."
"You know—" He attempted to scold me but I beat him to it.
"I know it's in the contract, and I will try to get some vitamins or something but not right now," I said sharply.
He sighed frustratedly— reaching for the bill.
"I don't give a fuck about the damn contract, I give a fuck about you."
I gulped. I was doing it again— reading into every fucking statement that came out of his mouth. He cares about me, it's not a big deal except for the fact that he has never ever said such a thing to me.
I watched him slip hundred dollar notes into the booklet and slide it back to where he had taken it from.
"Shall we?"
He asked and I nodded, allowing him to reach over to me and pull my chair back before raising to my feet. His hand made its way to the small of my back once again— erupting heat all over my body as he lead us towards the exit.

His sleek black Audi R8 was waiting up front for us. The valet handed us the key. Zayn guided me to the passenger' door and opened it at which I muttered a thank you.
He walked around the car from the back, not allowing me to glance at his tight butt in his perfectly tailored suite. Not wanting to be told, I strapped on my seatbelt.
He began to drive and I wondered where he was taking me. The itch to touch him kept increasing— becoming insanely unbearable.
He stopped at a traffic light, his attention on the fairly empty street of the outskirts towards the estate of the high and mighty.
"Are you mad at me?"
I asked out of the blue, surprising myself because I had no idea where it came from.
Although I didn't dare look at him but kept my eyes focused on nothing— I could feel his eyes on me.
"No, I'm not."
He answered simply, not leaving a single room for further questions but I decided I needed to clear the air.
"Then what's the problem? Is it that now that you have me you don't want me or what?"
I finally turned to watch him— daring to speak to him in such a manner.
"Don't be stupid! I know things have to be different now, but I don't know what that difference is going to be."
He admitted which threw me off track because I didn't expect him to answer my question especially because of the way I had asked.
"You seemed to know when you were trying to get me to sign your contract."
"I do know, I just don't know if I like it or not."
I was kind of shocked at how he hadn't warned me to watch my mouth already. I remained silent.