~ Meeting the family ~

YELLOW!

It's time! We're meeting parents and we are scared. I have never been in a relationship so I have no idea what it's like to have your boyfriend meet your parents and vice versa. I feel nervous just thinking about the coming day when I'm going to have to let my dad talk to him. I don't know what's more nerve wrecking than that... *shivers.

Quote of the day!

'Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted, in spite of your changing moods'

- C.S Lewis

KEITH

You fiddled with your thumbs during the car ride. Your home was at least 10 hours away so you and your parents decided to meet halfway. The meeting point was actually your cousin's place. Thalia, your older cousin, was thrilled to have you over. You were overjoyed to see your cousin again but you were extremely anxious about the meeting.

You loved Keith, but you were scared that his emo side was going to take over at some point of the day. Keith was a really introverted person and it was really hard to pinpoint what exactly he was thinking. You remembered one time that you wanted to say hello - just a few hours ago he was really happy - but when you saw him, he was as agitated as a hungry cat. You had tried to ask what was going on but he just shut you out. You were still confused about what happened that day.

Keith parked the car at a small corner house in the suburbs. Two cars were already parked there, you guessed that your parents had already arrived. Keith went to the boot and picked up two backpacks, handing one over to you. Keith took a glance at you and rested a hand on your shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Keith asked.

"I'm fine... Why?" You smiled. Keith raised a brow at your suspicious behaviour.

"Because you're never this nervous about anything, are you sure you're all right?" Keith asked. You frowned and stared at the front door for a few seconds.

"Just nervous" You answered. Keith smiled and kissed you on the side of your head.

"It's going to be fine, what's the worst that can happen?" Keith laughed. You scrunched your chin into a potato face.

"This is my family we're talking about, anything that can go wrong will go wrong" you muttered. Keith knocked politely on the front door. A couple of rushed footsteps and childish screams sent a shiver down your back. 'Oh no, it's not just Thalia, mum and Dad' You thought.

Thalia opened the door. Her blue eyes sparkled with joy and her blonde hair bounced everywhere as she waddled over to you. "Oh my gosh! I can't believe it's you!" Thalia squealed. You grinned ear to ear but you scanned the inside of the house for any other cousins or guests.

"Is there more of you?" You asked timidly.

"Yeah! Jackson, Tom and Peter are over" Thalia said. You gulped and looked at Keith. "Oh, this is Keith?" Thalia asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Yeah, that's Keith" You answered.

"I heard you two were neighbours?" Thalia asked.

"Kind of, he lives a floor above me" You answered.