~ Stakes at high ~

Lance woke up, struggling to see past a blinding light that glared into his eyes. He groaned.

"Ugh." Lance rolled his head over. Past the light, he could only see shadows of what could be outside. Shelves. Computers. Maybe even books and toolkits? "Hello?" Lance called out. "Is anyone there?"

A metal screwdriver crashed onto the ground at his call.

"Oh!" A kind voice chirped. "You're awake."

The light was gently moved away and pointed to the ceiling instead. The room lit up just by a notch to reveal a tanned woman. Her smile gracefully spread across her face. "Is that better?"

Lance squinted at the sudden darkness and nodded cautiously. "Yeah, not having a blinding light is a bit better."

"Okay then." The woman moved out of his vision and walked across the dusty floor to an unknown area of the room. "Let's see if we can't make this more comfortable for you, Lance."

The chair or whatever he was strapped to, was suddenly rotating. He felt like Darth Vader after his cybernetic surgery. Wait. Did something happen? Where was he? How long was he gone for? Lance thrashed against his restraints and screamed.

"Who are you? What the heck am I doing here? What have you done to me?! I had two bullet wounds in my chest and I am fine!"

A gleeful giggled splintered the silence, twisting into a cackle. The woman turned from her control panel and strolled to Lance.

"My name is Honerva. I saved you Lance and I haven't done anything to you," She laughed. "Although..." Honerva lifted her delicate finger to Lance's cheek and caressed his soft skin. "I would love to see what Isotope 5 can do to a human being."

-\0/-

Izel broke down in tears when she found out that Lance didn't make it. Everyone shared her pain. But in the end, no one would truly understand the fear she felt.

Izel shoved Keith in the chest, lashing out her fist at his face. "How could do you this?" She screamed.

"Hey!" Nova grabbed Izel's wrist and sneered. "That's enough."

"Easy for you to say! You've got it all good with Keith being here all alive and well," Izel hissed, "You and you f-"

"Language!" Shiro barked.

Lizbeth pinched her nose as the two hot-headed girls began to threaten each other, one being more physical than the other. Just one minute. Like, please? One minute of peace?

"Team bonding takes some time," Matt whispered.

Lizbeth looked at her boyfriend wearily. "It would have been a better team bonding experience of G-tech never came. The karaoke night was meant to be an introduction. Now Nova and Izel hate each other more than Lance and Keith used to hate each other."

"Yeah but... They ended up being the best of friends. They're like brothers now."

"Matt," Lizbeth sighed, "Bonding with males compared to bonding with females in an entirely different thing."

"Of course," Matt laughed, "I've lived with the craziest of them." Matt thumbed behind him to Pidge.

Lizbeth looked behind Matt to see Pidge trying to mouth off a taller Blade with her hands flailing rapidly like a bird. She let out a tired laugh, rubbing her face. "We're a hopeless team."