*** Break time special ***

~~~~~~~~~~

So I noticed that some of you still don't know what an L.I.O.N is. Not that I blame you, I gave you guys a poor understanding of what they are. So in this special, I will be giving you a rundown of how things go. If you have any other questions, please do not be afraid to ask them, I'll answer them by updating this page; you may have the same question as many other people and if you don't ask, some people may never get the answer.

*Whispers* This is also because I won't be able to update next Saturday because I am going on a camp for a whole week and won't be able to finish the other cliffhanger that I made after the previous cliffhanger.

Sorry guys, I couldn't help but leaving you HANGING!

AHHAHAHAHA!

Get it?

Hanging?

...

I'll go leg myself...

ENJOY!!!

~~~~~~~~~~

What does L.I.O.N (S) mean/stand for?

L - Linked

I - Interface

O - Operation

N - Network

S - Synced (This is when they're activated/working together)

This whole point of this acronym was meant to create a sort of technological theme to the whole thing. Instead of using the Lions from the show, I decided to make an AU where things a different and are more cemented in reality. Also, writing about space planets and stuff without having a cinematic feature to help you out with visuals is really hard. Some people can do it really well but I'm not up to their skill just yet.

Where did the L.I.O.Ns come from/ When were they discovered?

No one knows the exact date of discovery except G-tech, who were the ones who found them. However, the first people outside of G-tech to discover them, was the Cerberus team: Takashi Shirogane, and Matthew and Sam Holt.

Their simple mission of exploration and discovery led them to realise that the Galaxy Garrison wasn't as ambitious about space and secrecy like G-tech. This company was already up and running in the stars were Earth laws were not restraining them. With no one knowing about their existence to keep them accountable, experiments and crazy scientists ran amuck.

Unfortunately, before the three were able to relay what they had discovered to the Garrison, G-tech had found them as well, keeping them custody for around three months. Sam Holt was able to be moved to a facility on Earth, in a third world country. Matt was broken out by rebels and Shiro found his way back to Earth by smuggling himself back.

According to News archives, the story as the world knows it is that Shiro and Matt landed in the Gobi desert, not too far from the border of China. The Chinese were more than happy to present them back to the US, with a few items for a peaceful bargain. Matthew and Shiro came back almost unscathed with the sad and unfortunate loss of Sam Holt.

However, unbeknownst to the world and G-tech, Shiro and Matt were able to steal the L.I.O.Ns. At first, the two tried to discover what they were on their own. The Garrison could have helped but the two decided to keep it a secret after their talk with the Rebellion against G-tech.

The assembly of Voltron will be another story ;)

Are there no actual Lions in this AU?

The answer is... TOP SECRET

How do these new L.I.O.Ns work?

So in the chapter 'Discovers dark secret (Voltron)'" Keith says, 

"This actually augments my body a lot and creates an exo-skeletal suit. Matt reckons that this is alien tech because of the way it seems to have a mind of its own. We each have a Bayard system which forms a weapon and shield for us."

The L.I.O.Ns, don't actually augment the body, but it does feel that way. The L.I.O.N itself is an arm guard (Wraps itself on your forearm). If you've seen Star Wars or anything sci-fi, you would know that things on forearms, tend to be really cool.

The best description I can think of for the current L.I.O.Ns is this:

It's not exact but it has the basic shape and form. Use your imagination to mould that into a Voltron styled Lion fitted onto the Paladin's forearm.

The other features that are listed with the L.I.O.Ns are the Bayard system, shield and exoskeleton. Basically, what I meant to say was that their uniform wraps itself around themselves to create the Paladin suit. With the suit comes the Bayard and the shield that you see in the show. If you've seen MaxSteel, its kind of like that scale suit transformation with the suit, only that the suit comes from the L.I.O.N. 

So in a nutshell, every Paladin feature other than the actual Lion is still the same. Only that it all comes out of an arm guard that this lil author made cause she thought it was cool...

Are you having a good day?

Actually, yes I am. Thank you for asking, how was yours?

xD Just kidding,

I am slowly spiralling down the consequences of not being a good student in university and experiencing some material issues with school because Graphic Design students should NOT go live where I am cause there are NO proper art stores where I can get my stuff to finish my assignment... Take me to another universe, please...