60K Special | L E A V E M E A L O N E|

You sat on the canyon's edge. A cream array of colours speckled across the clouds. And the wind blew gently beneath you. Now and again, you'd feel the tease of the breeze. And every time you felt a small urge to crack a small smile. But your face remained blank.

As you shuffled your feet, the pebbles cracked. Still, you played with the rocks under the soul of your feet. The sound of snapping gravels was oddly satisfying. A small smile eased as you continued to crush the ground beneath you.

"What are you doing?"

The playing stopped. You retracted your fingers and slipped them into a small ball in front of your body. "Just standing on the edge-" You turned over your shoulder "-I wanted to be left alone."

Hunk looked to you. He too fiddled with his fingers. "I know... But you shouldn't be alone, (y/n). You know that's not the best way to-"

"Hunk, how many times have you had depression or another degrading state?" You snapped.

Hunk paused. He swallowed hard. "I haven't."

"Okay, well how about you just quietly go back. I don't want to talk and I don't need another 'it's going to be okay' so please, leave me be."

"But it's dangerous to be alone, (y/n)! You're on the edge of a cliff! I'm worried!"

A swell of heat flushed around your body and your chest boiled. You turned and marched to Hunk. "Like hell you are! It's only when on the edge of the cliff you're worried! Not when I'm 100m away from it. Only when my toes are near off the entire face. Is that how it is? Isn't how it always is with you people? You clueless idiots!"

"(y/n)." Hunk's eyes began to brim with tears. "I- I didn't know. I'm sorry."

You growled, marching straight past the gentle giant. "Fine, I won't jump, if that's what you're asking. I just needed some time to cool off. But clearly, I can't find a nice place to be alone without having someone checking if I want to kill myself."

"Then how am I supposed to help then, huh?" Hunk called out.

"As that question first," you growled.

I don't know exactly made me write this. I haven't been in the mood to write one-shots for a while. I've finally graduated in Graphic Design, so now I can work in this area. But with Corona running wild, finding a job hasn't been going too well. So, with that and everything else circling in my life I decided to tell everyone who has a friend who is going through some things, "DON'T GIVE US THE PHRASE 'IT IS GOING TO BE OKAY."

We know that's a lie and a kind-hearted attempt to give us comfort when you don't know what to do. But if you say that, it's worse than saying nothing at all. We're emotionally unstable and depending on how they work, they'll remember you said, 'it's going to be okay' and hold it against you. Even nice people do this.

So! This works for me, I cannot guarantee that this is going to work for everyone but if you ask this question, "Do you want to talk about it or be distracted from it?" it shows you want to help. Even asking, "How can I help?" shows you willingly want to show us love and support. Giving us the deep-fried-in-the-jelly-of-patheticness 'are you okay?' is almost an insult because we hear it almost every bloody time.

So please, know your friend, show them you are either worthy of trust and be that emotional punching back, their source of ice cream or their hugging teddy bear (if you can visit them, be careful kiddies).