12.

"Well, this is my house."

Yoonji looks around my living room, "You have a very nice house. Are you rich or something?"

"Rich?" I chuckle, "Not exactly, but my parents get paid very well. They're both doctors."

"Wow."

"Yeah. What about your mom?"

It came to my mind Namjoon telling Yoonji they will be late and their "ma" would be upset. Yoonji said she didn't have parents, maybe she lied and didn't want me to know. Or she didn't trust me enough.

"I don't have parents, Jimin. I've already told you this."

"Oh, I'm sorry. It's just that Namjoon said your ma—"

"We live with our grandma. We call her ma."

"Oh. I'm sorry I shouldn't have brought it up."

Yoonji's face is suddenly filled with sadness. I might be using her to win a bet, but that doesn't mean I'm completely cold hearted.

"Don't be sad, doll."

She shakes her head and turns away from me so I don't see her face. "Where are your parents? Do you have siblings?"

"Yeah. I have one brother. He's not home though he got accepted to this program and he's staying away for the summer. About my parents,"

I get behind her and press my lips against her ear. "They're not home. They won't be home until later tonight."

Yoonji gasps and I lightly peck her blushed cheek. "We could do something if you'd like." As soon as I wrap my arm around her waist pressing her behind against my crotch she pulls away like I've electrocuted her.

"Is this why you brought me to your house?"

"No, no! Sorry. I just got too carried away."

"You can't do stuff like that, Jimin."

"Because you're not my girlfriend? I can ask you out if that's what you want."

"No. Even if you did asked me out I'd say no. I don't want to be your girlfriend anyways."

"Then?"

"I'm not some sort of object."

"I'm not using you, Yoonji. I really like you!"

I'm praying my voice sounds convincing enough. Usually, girls fall stupidly at everything I say, but Yoonji is different.

It's like she knows what I'm thinking and she doesn't get fooled easily. My time is running out and this girl won't even let me stand beside her.

"Yoonji, please believe me. I'm not using you or lying to you. I'm sorry I suggested that. I shouldn't have."

"If you're not lying then prove it to me. Respect me and don't treat me like you treat other girls."

"Okay I will. Do you want to get started on our project then?"

•••

"Jimin-ah!"

"Oh no. It's my mom."

"What? We're not doing nothing wrong." Yoonji responds.