26.

"How were those three days suspended?" Jungkook asks.

"Boring. My parents took my phone and everything because apparently violence is never the answer. Or some stupid shit like that."

"I almost got suspended too." Jungkook sighs annoyed.

"Actually we almost all did and like I didn't even do anything. All I did was grab, Jimin."

"When we see him we're gonna beat his ass."

"Jungkook, I'm not fighting him again."

"If you don't I will."

"The problem isn't even with you the fuck." Jin says.

"I'm not fighting him period. It's over. I'm done with him and Yoonji. They're out of my life for good."

"Well there she is."

As soon as Jin says this I turn my head so quick and fast that I almost snap my neck. My heart skips like crazy and sweat starts building under my arms.

In fact there she is. Standing against the wall looking down at her feet. A pang spreads over my chest.

"I don't care." I say through the knot in my throat.

"It sure didn't look like you didn't care." Taehyung mumbles.

"Shut up. I'm leaving. Bye." I walk away from them before they keep talking about it. Am I that obvious? Am I spilling my thoughts through my eyes?

•••

"Hoseok sit beside me."

"Huh?"

"Just sit beside me. The teacher won't even notice."

"Why would . . .? Oh. You don't want her to sit beside you?"

"Hell no."

"So you were serious about this?"

"I mean did it sound like I was kidding? I fucking fought her brother and he left me a big ass bruise in my cheek. It's not a joke trust me."

"What did she even do?"

"I can't talk about it. Not now anyways."

"I'm really tempted to try to talk to her."

"Really? Well don't. You'll be disappointed. You know I'm not the boyfriend type, but for her I was. I really was trying and I was going to be sincere with her about everything. She is a liar and a manipulator. She seems very nice, right? Well she's fake. That's all I can tell you."

Hoseok sits beside me not replying back. What I said seemed to have left him wondering. A part of me wants to make Yoonji sound so, so, bad that no boy ever even thinks of her.

As much as I hate it I care so much. Seeing her or him or whatever is hard enough. Imagining someone else by her side is . . . painful.

Jin walks in and looks at us confused. "Aren't you sitting beside me?"

"Nope. Not anymore. Hoseok is sitting beside me. I talk to the teacher and she said it was okay."

"What? Hoseok and I already had a concept!"

"I still have to do the project with, Yoonji. She just let us switch seats."

"You didn't even— okay whatever."

"Jin. Please."