52.

"What happened?" Yoonji's grandma asks panicky.

"Jimin, got in a fight can you get the first aid kit?"

"Wait what happened to you?"

"It's just a scratch grandma I'm fine."

"But—"

"I'll get the first aid kit." Yoonji replies a bit annoyed.

"Have a seat here." She tells me. I nod my head sitting down. My face feels broken. Maybe I did break something who knows.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Namjoon asks walking in behind me.

I turn around and his face expression suddenly changes. "What happened to you?"

"It was a fight." Yoonji finishes walking in.

"A fight? What fight? What's on you face?" Namjoon quickly asks reaching over to grab her face.

"Nothing." Yoonji responds moving her face and taking out alcohol wipes.

"That's not nothing! What happened to your face? Did you hit her?" He asks turning towards me.

"No. Jimin didn't hit me."

"Then what happened?" Her grandma interrupts.

"Some guy started a fight with, Jimin at the restaurant and I was trying to stop it. The guy had a girlfriend and she attacked me which caused this on my face. Everything's fine now." Yoonji says. 

"It's going to hurt a little, okay?" She whispers to me as she dabs the alcohol wipe on my wounds.

I wince feeling the familiar burning sensation. "Let me see that." Namjoon says grabbing her chin once more and making her look up.

"That doesn't look like a gurl got you unless she is six foot tall and 90 kilograms. Who did this to you?"

"Stop it, Namjoon you're hurting me more! I'm fine it was just a girl that hit me with her purse and that's it. Can't you just drop it?"

"No I can't drop it. Why the hell did the guy start a fight huh? Because people don't just go around starting fights."

"Well this asshole did start it. They were both extremely drunk and he went by pushing me and then his girlfriend got involved."

Neither Namjoon nor her grandma seem convinced at all. "I just don't understand why he—"

"Can you just drop it? Both of you? Please. I'm okay and Jimin is okay. It was an insignificant fight that unfortunately got out of hand, but I'm fine. There's no need to protect me like I'm six years old because news flash I'm nineteen!"

Namjoon and her grandma stay silent. Yoonji sighs directing her gaze towards me. She seems more upset than angry.

"Let's go to my room I'll finish cleaning you up there." She mumbles gathering the supplies. I follow her behind and hear whispering from her grandma and her brother.

"Thanks for not saying anything." Yoonji says once she closes her room door behind.

"I didn't think you'd want me too."

"That's the last thing I need right now. I don't want them both freaking out about it because it's no big deal." She says opening up the kit again.

"Is it really no big deal, Yoonji? What he did to you was beyond fucked up. It's never okay to hit a woman. He punched you and threw you on the ground. In what universe is that okay?"

"Are you going to start with this too?" She asks looking up. Her bruise is much evident now. There's a bit of dried blood in her nose and her bottom lip is busted.

"It's not okay." I repeat my heart aching. I hate that guy. I've never felt this much hatred towards anyone in my life and I don't even know him. And I don't usually use the word hate, but in this there's no exception.

I hate him.

"It is. It was my fault I was careless . . . I should've paid attention . . . I could've . . ." Her voice trails off leaving me hanging.

She's looking right at me and I see the pain in her eyes. "You don't have to try so hard to be strong, Yoonji. Don't hold it all in."

As soon as those words leave my mouth tears start spilling from her eyes. I wrap her in for a hug pulling her towards my chest.

"He hit me, Jimin." She sobs. Her body is trembling and shaking in ways I've never witness.

"I was so scared. I thought he was going to do it again. Why did he have to be so mean to me? I wasn't trying to spy on his girlfriend. I didn't do anything wrong." She cries.

"You're with me now." I say tightening my grip.

"I was so scared." She weeps clasping me closer to her.

"I'm sorry I let that happen to you. I'm so sorry. It was all my fault for starting it. I should've just shut up and let it go. That's what I should've done, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I say kissing the top of her head.

"I'm so tired of this. I'm tired of it all, Jimin."

I swallow hard not being able to find the words to say to her. Say something, say something, anything.

"I'm here for you, Yoonji. I'll be here for you for as long as you allow it. Don't give up, please. I'll be your rock."

"I just can't stand it anymore," she says pulling away and wiping her tears with the back of her hands.

"I keep trying and trying and as much as I try it's never enough. I'm never good enough. I'm not enough. Why do I have to go through this?"

I press my forehead against hers cupping her face softly in my hands. "Listen to me, I need you. Without you I feel lost, I feel abandoned and empty. You brought out the best of me and I can't imagine what my life would be like if I hadn't met you. Keep fighting please. Not for me, do it for yourself. I believe in you. Please, stay strong."

"Just hug me, Jimin. Can you just do that? I just need a hug."

I nod my head eagerly pulling her in for another hug. She's still trembling in my arms and I don't know what to do about it.

"Okay." I breathe unable to say anything else. She hugs me tighter crying softly against my cheek.

"Okay."