33.

"The winners for prom king and queen are . . ."

The crowd waits anxiously as Jennie grabs my hand a little too tight. "I hope we win!" She says against my ear.

"Jennie and Jimin!"

The crowd starts cheering loudly. Jennie squeals excitedly leading me to the stage.

The girl puts a crown on the both of us. There's a bright light shining and it's making my eyes irritated.

I'm a little tipsy and I can tell Jennie is too. "Would you like to say a few things?" The girl asks holding out the microphone.

Jennie takes it and steps up. She almost falls, but I come behind her straightening her up. She's definitely tipsy.

"Hello everyone!" Jennie says. "I just want to thank for all of those who voted for us. We clearly deserved to win I mean look at us."

"I know a few of you didn't want to see us win," Jennie continues. She looks directly at Yoonji who's standing next to Yugyeom.

"I understand you're jealous because he picked me over you. Just accept it! Not even if you try to copy me—"

"Jennie stop." I say pulling her away from the microphone. "You sound drunk." I whisper grabbing her arm.

The crowd is looking at each other trying to figure out who she was talking about. A few are already staring at, Yoonji.

"Oh well okay, that was umm . . . let's give a round of applause for our prom king and queen!"

There's loud applauses and cheering. I grab Jennie's hand and begin walking down the stage before Jennie says another stupid thing.

"Stop it Jimin! I was in the middle of my speech and you didn't even let me finish putting that girl in her place!"

"You're saying nonsense, Jennie! Just stop talking or else everyone's going to know we snuck alcohol in."

"I'll take her to the bathroom so she can wash up." Rose says.

"Yeah go ahead." I say letting Jennie go.

"Fine! I'm not even drunk, but whatever. Let's get some fruit punch, Rose." Jennie says walking away from me.

This night is getting worse by the second. I walk over to the food section to get some snacks before Jennie returns.

The liquor in my empty stomach really got to me. My alcohol resistance isn't the best although I always like to say it is.

My watch lights on and I finally look at the time. It's about to be 10 p.m. and Jennie has been gone for a while now.

I look around the room and see most people are dancing. Jennie's friends are in the dancing crowd, but not her.

I try to look for Rose, but she's not around either. In the crowd I spot Yugyeom talking to some of his friends. Yoonji isn't with him though.

Suddenly, I start feeling panicky. So I walk towards the bathrooms hoping Jennie and Rose are in there and not tormenting, Yoonji.

As I'm walking down the bathroom hall I spot Yoonji scrubbing her dress dramatically. "Yoonji?"

She looks up surprised but immediately looks back down. As I approach her she starts walking away quickly.

Before she walks away I reach to grab her turning her to face me. That's when I see a big red stain on her dress.

The first thing that comes to mind is Jennie. "It was Jennie wasn't it?"

Yoonji stays silent clenching the paper towels in her hands. "It had to be her. Where is she?" I ask.