Epilogue

"Do you want to go out tonight?" Chanyeol asks.

"I don't know."

"Come on. You've only been to two parties and it's been eight months since we enrolled here!"

"I don't really like to party." I respond with a shrug.

"Bullshit. Taheyung told me you used to love to party."

"Yeah I used to."

"Come on let's go!" Chanyeol insists.

"No."

"Is it because of your girlfriend?"

The word 'girlfriend' makes me drop the book I'm holding.

"No. I don't . . . have a girlfriend."

"Oh. Sorry. I assumed you did I accidentally saw your lock screen."

"Oh." I mumble staring at my screen. It's a picture Taheyung took of us off guard.

"She was my girlfriend. We broke up a while ago." I reply picking up the book on the ground and stick my phone in my pocket.

"Ahh, that sucks."

"It does."

"Have you talked to her since?"

Chanyeol immediately regrets asking. "Never mind. I'm sorry I don't mean to be a nosy roommate."

"It's okay."

Sudden memories of Yoonji come to mind. I wonder what she's doing right now? Does she think of me like I think of her?

Where is she? Has she moved on?

"We last talked six months ago. We spoke a few seconds on the phone. I still have her number saved because maybe she will call me one day. Or maybe I'd get the courage to call her. I told her I was fine, but I hope she wonders about me from time to time."

"It's alright. It will take time to heal."

"Yeah. It's the same thing my friends told me."

"Maybe we should go to the party and distract yourself."

I shrug feeling my mood suddenly drop. Chanyeol, smiles pinching my cheeks softly.

"Come on chimchim! Let's go don't be a party pooper." He says with a pout.

The sudden action makes me instantly break into a smile. It's hard not to smile at him.

"Okay. Let's go then."

"Yay! You're my favorite person."

"That's a lie."

"It's really not. You're such a cool dude. I really like you." He says with a small smile.

I feel my cheeks turn red as I look up at him. "Sorry, I didn't mean to . . . I know you're not . . ."

"Gay?" I ask feeling my face heat up again.

"Yeah, I mean I appreciate you not being all freaked out about me being bisexual."

"I'm bisexual too."

His eyes widen, "Really?"

"Yes, really."

"I didn't know that about you."

"Me either." I admit.

"Huh?"

"It took me a while to accept the fact that it's okay to like someone different. They don't have to be female only because I'm a male. Someone really special taught me that there's more than appearances and that it's okay to be different. I really hope one day we meet again."

Chanyeol smiles. "I'm glad that person helped you find yourself."

"Yeah. Me too." I say feeling my heart get warm.

"We're still going to the party?" He asks nudging me playfully.

"Of course. Let me take a quick shower."

"Okay I'll wait here." He says sitting on his bed and taking his phone out.

I walk to the bathroom and pull my phone out of my pocket. My phone lights up and I look at the picture in admiration.

Seeing her still hurts me, but it also makes me smile. She will forever be the love of my life. It's super cliche, but it's true.

The amount of love and adoration I have for her will never drain. It will forever stay in my heart and within in me.

Maybe Yoonji is right and we will meet again.

Or maybe not.

Maybe some people are meant to fall in love, but not meant to be.

It's defenitely a bittersweet feeling.