19.

"Any progress?" Jin asks when we all land eyes on Yoonji, who's standing in the middle of the hallway looking at a poster.

"I think Yoonji is too much for, Jimin." Hoseok laughs.

Taehyung gives me an encouraging look to tell them everything, but . . . I . . .  just . . . can't. The words just won't come out.

"Shut up." Its all I can reply.

"What's the matter, Jimin?" Jungkook asks with a smirk.

"I'm not doing the bet anymore."

"What?" They exclaim at the same time.

"I'm not doing it."

"That means we won! Yes! And I can finally hit on her." Hoseok replies excitedly.

"I think not."

"And why exactly?"

"I ... uh."

Once again Taehyung gives me a look. He then gives me a reassuring smile. "Because.. uh."

"Because why?"

"I ... I think she likes me."

"So? If you stop talking to her and I start getting to know her she will like me."

"It's not that simply okay, Hoseok?"

"You like her don't you?" Jin questions.

"What if he does?" Taehyung asks defensively.

"Of course you like her. Otherwise you wouldn't have called off the bet. You never say no to a bet." Jungkook says.

"Shut up." I reply once again. I'm so annoyed my face is heating up at the conversation.

"I knew it." Hoseok says a bit disappointed.

"Whatever. I'll pay you guys later." I grab my math book and slam my locker door. The bell rings and we start heading to class.

Yoonji is still standing by the poster and she's attentively reading it. So I walk up to her because any excuse to be close to her is good enough for me.

The fact that my friends are probably watching me doesn't even bother me. When Yoonji is in a room she's all that I see. There could be thousands of people, but my eyes would only be on her the entire time. She's so captivating she steals all my attention.

"Come out and enjoy an enchanting night, May 28." I read out loud from the poster. Yoonji turns around and finally notices me.

"Oh hey, Park." She replies clenching her books tighter to her chest.

"You've been reading this prom poster this whole time? What's so interesting about it? Prom is a waste of time." I laugh staring at the white poster with purple flowers.

"Nothing. Yeah it's very dumb. Prom is dumb." She says turning her back to the poster.

"Oh." I finally say when I realize that she's probably looking at the poster because she wants to go.

For me prom is not important. My friends and I were planning to ditch prom anyways and go to a beach house to get super wasted and have sex with random girls the whole night.

Now that I'm thinking about it that's a good way to get STDs and even though I said I wouldn't go—because wasting money and time to go take pictures and show up at a fancy restaurant to just dance literally one song and then leave—I feel the need to ask her.