38.

"Jimin, I'm sure you're not gay. I think you're overreacting."

"I'm not overrating, Taheyung! I'm not! I'm gay." I whine taking a sip of a strawberry smoothie.

Taehyung cups my face in his large hands making direct eye contact with me. "Listen to me, Jimin. You're not gay."

"Shh! Bring your voice down. I don't want others to hear."

He pulls away sighing,"We're in the parking lot in my car. I'm sure no one will hear. When you said we were going to skip I didn't imagine we would go down the street to get a smoothie and come right back to the school parking lot."

"I don't want to go anywhere! I'm stressed and sad! I also ran out of smoothie give me yours."

"Hey! But that's mine." He pouts.

"I'm the one with a problem, Taheyung."

"Are you hearing yourself, Jimin? You're not gay you've liked girls ever since I remember! You like, Yoonji don't you?"

"Yes but—"

"Exactly, she's a girl so there's no way you're gay."

"But, I . . . and she . . ."

"Okay explain to me why do you think you're gay? Do you like a guy huh?"

"Well, I — I find a boy cute. He has feminine features and I find him so cute. Does that make me gay?"

Taheyung chuckles making my frown. "Taheyung, I'm serious."

"Is that why you're freaking out? There's nothing wrong with finding a guy cute, okay? It's alright. Like I mentioned before I don't think you're gay. If one day you like guys and find them attractive that's alright too! Don't put too much pressure on yourself, Jiminie. Love is love regardless of gender. You're just freaking out because you think a guy is cute and that's totally fine. Don't worry about it too much."

I nod my head drinking Taehyung's remaining smoothie. "Thanks, Tae."

"It's alright."

"I don't know what to do."

"Do what makes you happy. Experiment if you want to."

"I like, Yoonji." I bluntly say. Even though I trust Taehyung with everything I can't reveal Yoonji's secret.

"Then go with, Yoonji. What are you waiting for?"

"But—"

"No more excuses, Jimin. Do what makes you happy. Don't you think you've wasted enough time trying to run away? Just admit that you like her and go back to her. You're complicating your life too much."

"You're right. I am complicating my life too much. I am. I should stop overthinking everything."

"Yes, do it."

"Okay, I'm going to do it. I'm going to do it right now."

"Wait right now?"

"Yes right fucking now." I push the smoothie cup onto him and open the car door.

"Thanks for your advice and for everything. I love you!"

Without another word I sprint towards the building. The bell just rang and the hallways are packed with people.

I'm looking around until I spot a purple sweatshirt and sweatpants. It's Yoonji and today she looks like a grape. A cute grape of course.

I run towards her poking her shoulder. She turns around and looks at me blinking several times.