18.

"Jimin. Can I talk to you?"

"Uh. Sure." I drop my bag on the ground and approach my track coach. "Is everything okay coach?"

"That's what I'm asking you. Is everything okay with you?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"You seem odd lately. The other day you started the race late because your lacking attention. I've noticed this for a couple weeks now. Do you have problems at your home or school?"

"No. Everything is fine. I'm fine. Sorry. I'll pay more attention."

"Does that girl have anything to do with it?"

"What? What girl?"

"The girl that came a few days ago. The one that gave you that box."

I clear my throat from the warmness that's  started to build up in my stomach. "No. Everything's okay. I promise."

"Okay just making sure, Jimin. You're one of the top students in this team. With finals approaching I just wanted to make sure everything was fine."

"Yeah. Everything's fine. I have to get going coach. See you Monday."  I grab by bag and quickly head away before he asks anymore questions.

On my way to the car I see Yoonji sitting by the steps. I fight the urge to not talk to her but how can I not?

"Yoonji?"

She quickly gets up from the stairs and rubs her hands on her skirt. "Oh hey."

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm waiting for my brother. He's got to get some books for his project."

"We haven't even worked on ours yet."

"I've actually got some research done. You can just put it on our poster and make it artistic. I'm not much of an artist." She says.

"I think you're artistic. Your face in general is beautiful art."

She smiles timidly looking down at her shoes. "Thank you."

"I loved the box of chocolates you gave me."

"Yeah you've told me."

"I just wanted to remind you I really loved it."

"I'm glad you did."

"Want to come over? We can start putting stuff on our poster."

"But my brother—"

"Just text him and let him know. I think he likes me now. Well sort of."

For a minute I think she's going to say no but she pulls out her phone and starts typing. "Okay."

"Great. Let's go." I take her book bag along with my gym bag and start walking to my car. When I don't hear her behind me I turn around.

"What's the matter?"

"Can you just bring your car over here?"

"What? Why?"

"I—" she looks behind me and I turn to see what it is. There's a group of girls standing close by my car.