54.

"You can wear these." Namjoon mumbles throwing some clothes at me.

I get up from the shut toilet that I was just sitting in. "Thanks."

"Yeah. There's also a new toothbrush right here. You can use that as well. Feel free to use a clean towel to shower."

"Thank you."

Namjoon looks at me and nods, "She won't tell me what happened, but I know she didn't get hit for no reason."

"It was my fault. I shouldn't have confronted the guy."

"Was that honestly how it happened?"

I quickly nod my head trying not to be so evident. Namjoon sees right through me though.

"You and I know that's not how it happened. However, you did defend my sister and I'm thankful for that."

"I was doing what's right."

"I know. But don't think because of that you can sleep with my sister in her room. That won't happen again."

"We didn't—"

"Okay bye." He doesn't even let me finish my sentence and he leaves me hanging.

"We didn't . . ." My voice trails off and I'm not quite sure why I'm repeating myself again. Then I think of Yoonji and how beautiful she looked this morning.

The bruise on her cheek and her chapped lip didn't take away from her beauty at all. Her skin felt and looked so good.

The sudden thought of Yoonji wrapped in that towel makes my cheeks and he rest of my body flush.

•••
"I don't think this is my skin color." I tell Yoonji looking at myself in the mirror.

She applied some of her foundation on my skin to cover up the bruise. Her skin color is literally ten shades lighter than mine.

"I can't even tell the difference." She says.

I turn to her with my eyebrows furrowed, "It looks like I have a white patch on my skin."

She wrinkles her nose and quickly starts digging through her purse. "Maybe a little blush might help. I'll apply some to both of your cheeks. No one will even tell."

She opens up a small container and dips her brush in the pink shade. Then she dabs it on my cheeks gently.

"There. You can't even tell."

I glance at myself again and cringe. "Oh God . . ."

"I'm sorry I'm not good with makeup. You're right it looks terrible. Here let me take it off—"

"I love it." I say stopping her from wiping the makeup from my face.

"Liar."

"I do. The blush made it better."

"But it doesn't even match your skin tone. I don't know what I was thinking."

"No it matches now. Look it looks perfect! As perfect as yours."

She smiles the tips of her ears getting pink. "I know you hate it."

"I don't. Don't be silly! We both look great. Let's go to class okay?"

"Alright." She mumbles packing her makeup up.