20.

"You're asking her to prom? Just say she's your girlfriend already." Hoseok says bitterness in his voice.

"She's not my girlfriend yet."

"Asshole. You knew I liked her."

"Well." It's all that I can say. There's nothing I can do or say to defend myself. He's right.

"Whoa, whoa, you actually like her? Like, like her like her?" Jungkook asks.

"Yeah." I whisper softly.

"You like the girl you said dressed like a grandma and was not your type?" Jin questions.

"Exactly! You said she wasn't your type!" Hoseok says angrily.

"So what? So what if I said that? My words came to bite my ass and now I like her so what do you want me to do?" My voice has risen and they're all staring at me with wide eyes.

Hoseok has a blank expression on his eyes although he's clearly disappointed. It honestly makes me feel shitty. He liked her from the start, but what can I do? The girl won my heart.

"I'm sorry, Hoseok. I didn't do it intentionally. I knew you liked her and I shouldn't have but I fell for her."

He looks down and avoids eye contact. "He really means it, Hobi. You know we're all best friends and we wouldn't do something to hurt each other on purpose." Taehyung speaks up once again saving the day.

Hoseok finally looks up focusing on me. "I'm not going to stop being your friend because of it. It's just going to take a while to get her out of my head. I do have a crush on her but I won't try anything as long as you promise to take her serious and treat her right."

"I will."

"Have you even told her about the bet?"

My lips press together and this time I'm the one that avoids eye contact. "Exactly. You have to be honest with her because if she finds out she will be hurt. You're already starting wrong." He says shaking his head.

"I will tell her."

He shrugs and gets up from the lunch table. "I'm getting something to drink. Anyone want anything?"

"I'll come with you." Taehyung says.

"Wow. That was something." Jungkook says as soon as they walk away.

"Who knew in our thirteen years of friendship two of us would fall for the same person? Frankly, it's quite funny not literally but it is in a way." Jin says.

"Tell me about it." I mumble shoving French fries in my mouth.

"And who knew the person would be her." Jungkook says while observing Yoonji across the lunch room.

She's sitting down with her brother. Just eating her food and talking to him. She's doing nothing special just her everyday routine and I find it absolutely infatuating.

"Yeah who would've known."

•••

When I'm on my fifth lap around the track field I notice Yoonji is sitting on the bleachers feet away from the fence.

My heart skips a beat and I smile to myself. She's looking down at her feet. As soon as she looks up I look away.

Taehyung helped me come up with a bright idea to ask her out to prom. To be honest, this will be the death of my reputation.

I'm asking her to prom in one of those cringe cute ways. My reputation is in the negatives now.

Not that I mind anyways. Whatever to make her happy. I quickly pull out my phone and send a text to, Taehyung.

The coach makes us run a few more laps. Whenever I go by Yoonji I avoid eye contact but I'm closely watching her from the side.

"Alright, take a break. Be back in five." The coach yells.

I start walking to cool off. I wipe my sweat and continue to walk until I'm past Yoonji. From the corner of my eye I see her come down the bleachers.

"Park Jimin!" She screams angrily.

I grin when I hear her voice but once I turn my head I put a straight face. "Oh, what's up?"

"What's up? Are you seriously asking me?" She screams coming towards the fence. I rest on the fence and she's finally in front of me a frown plastered on her face.

"You asked me to come watch you practice because I supposedly motivate you, but you didn't even look at me once! You just went by me and ignored me and you know what? I'm not going to be ignored. So fuck you and your dumb track practice. I'm never coming to watch you run ever again. By the way you're actually a slow runner."

I laugh hysterically at her angriness. "Why are you laughing?" She exclaims with a red face. "Because you're so cute when you're angry."

"Stop playing with me, Park."

"I'm not even doing anything." I smile.

"Ugh. Whatever." She turns around and starts walking away. I quickly jump over the fence and run ahead of her.

"What the fuck are you—?"

Taehyung is standing behind the bleachers holding the poster he helped me make along with a dozen white roses. Red ones would've been to cliche.

Taehyung quickly runs out of sight while Yoonji is looking at me with a wide eyes of joy.

"What is . . ." Yoonji's words trail off when she sees the poster and the roses.

"Can't you read silly? I want you to come to prom with me."

Her eyes light up and she smiles so big and wide her face could split in half. "This thought has been running though my mind, prom?" She reads from the poster.

"Yes? No? Maybe? So?"

"Yes! Yes of course." She gives me a big hug even though the poster is between us. I hug her back resting my chin on her shoulder.

When she lets go I hand her the roses. "Thank you." She gushes staring at them. "And thank you for asking me to prom. I don't think it's stupid I just said that because I thought you didn't want to go. Not with me anyways."

"Are you kidding me? There's no one else I'll rather go with than you."

She smiles once again holding the roses closer to her chest. "I liked what you wrote on the poster."

"Yeah. Tae, helped me do it."

"It's very sweet." She hugs me once again laying her head on my shoulder.

It's so cute to her super excited about it. It's definitely worth my reputation.

"Back in the track field!" The coach screams. Yoonji let's go of me and she quickly pecks my lips.

"What was that for?" I ask with a smile.

"Just because." She mumbles with a blushed face.

I hand her the poster and give her a wink. "I'll see you later, doll."

When I'm walking to the field my phone buzzes in my gym shorts. I pull it out to see the notification.

Taetae😗:
look to your right

I look up confused and to my right I spot Jennie. She's with the cheerleaders and they all have their eyes on me.

Taetae😗:
she saw everything

I then glance back in Yoonji's direction. She waves at me excitedly. I don't think she has noticed the cheerleaders yet so I simply smile and turn back around to keep walking.