27.

"Don't forget your project is due in two weeks." The teacher says as soon as the bell rings.

"Shit, Jin and I are barley half way done."

Yoonji gets up from her seat and walks out of the classroom. "I'll see you next period." I mumble gathering my stuff and following, Yoonji behind.

The last thing I want is to talk to her, but I kind of have to because of this stupid project. "Hey you." I call, but she walks faster.

"Yoonji."

She continues to walk until she approaches her locker. I come up behind her slamming my hand against the locker beside her.

"I know you fucking hear me."

She avoids eye contact and stares straight down at her feet. "I'm the one that should be avoiding you not vice verse." I hiss with anger.

She remains silent and this only angers me more. "Are you listening to me?" I whisper scream.

"What do you want?" She finally answers.

I grab a stack of papers from my book bag and give them to her. "You're writing our paper for the project. I don't want you to come over anymore and I honestly don't want to work on it either so you do it."

She grabs the papers and when she does I get a glimpse of her bruised wrists. A sudden guilt falls over me because I know I'm the one that did that.

"Okay." She responds finally looking up. She's not wearing any makeup and her eyes are a bit puffy which I imagine is from crying.

I also note that her outfit is not the usual. Today she's wearing black loose sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

"Okay." I mumble quietly.

She walks away from her clenching the papers tightly against her chest. I swallow hard trying to contain my emotions in place.

This is harder than I thought.

•••

"So are we still renting a beach house for prom night?" Jungkook mumbled through a full mouth of food.

"Yeah I'm down." Jin responds.

"Wait. Aren't you supposed to be going to prom with, Yoonji?" Hoseok asks.

"No. That's not happening anymore."

"So you're not going to prom?" Taehyung wonders.

I glance over to the table where Yoonji and Namjoon are sitting. She's not even touching her food.

"No I am. I'm going with someone else."

"With who?"

I don't even answer because Yugyeom walks over to Yoonji's table. I furrow my eyebrows confused when he starts talking to her.

Why the fuck is he talking to her?

My stomach starts to feel like it's burning up and I want to walk over there and punch him in the face.

Yoonji nods her head slowly and then Namjoon speaks up. Yugyeom laughs patting, Yoonji on the shoulder and that's when I snap.

"I'm taking Jennie to prom."

"Jennie? Didn't you want her off your back?" Jin questions.

"I did, but not anymore. In fact I'm asking her out right now."

"Right now?" Taheyung shrieks.

"Yes. Right now."

I get up from the lunch table abruptly and stand on the seat I was just sitting in. "Attention everyone!"

Every pair of eyes in the cafeteria turn to me including, Yoonji.

"I have something extremely important to say." From the corner of my eye I see Namjoon getting up from the table.

Yoonji walks to him and hugs him to stop him from walking over to me. "As you all know prom is approaching and I wanted to ask someone really, really, important to come with me."

I look over at, Yoonji who is looking at me intensely confused. My anger and jealousy overpower me and I smile bitterly in her direction.

"Kim Jennie," I begin turning my attention to Jennie. "It would be an honor to take a beautiful woman like you to prom. Will you go to prom with me?"

Jennie covers her mouth excitedly and her friends start squealing. There's so many people recording everything and Jennie immediately runs to me.

I get off the table and she wraps her arms around me. "Yes! Yes! I will go to prom with you!"

She takes me by surprise and crashes her lips against mine. There's sudden cheers and I close my eyes trying to feel something.

I feel nothing.

Jennie is a beautiful girl who I once was attracted to and I feel absolutely nothing when she kisses me.

She finally pulls away, but continues to hug me. I glance in, Yoonji's direction who's looking at me like her world has fallen apart.

Namjoon shakes his head angrily and wraps his arms around, Yoonji. Yugyeom looks confused and whispers something to her.

Namjoon then cleans up their table and I watch as Yoonji starts walking out of the cafeteria. Yugyeom follows her behind and this makes me hug Jennie tighter.

"Oh, that's tight." She huffs.

"S-sorry." I respond releasing her from my grip.

"I need to go dress shopping, Jimin! Prom is so close and I haven't even thought about it."

"Yeah." I reply uninterested. Where could have, Yoonji gone? Why did Yugyeom follow her behind?

"Great. Well we will talk about it after lunch okay? I'll text you about it." She kisses my cheek before walking back to her giggly friends.

"What the fuck?" Hoseok asks once I sit back down.

"I can't believe you did that. In front of, Yoonji! She looked so heartbroken. That was really mean you didn't have to do it that way." Taheyung says in clear disappointment.

"She deserves it. She broke my heart too it's only fair if I get her back."

"Hey, that was really mean. That was mean even for you." Jin says.

"I don't care. I don't want to talk about it anymore. Let's finish eating, alright?"

The boys just look at each other and I sigh looking down at my full plate. My appetite is suddenly gone.

I wish I could feel content with what I did. I wish I could feel pleasure in hurting, Yoonji's feelings like that, but I don't.

I feel regret and guilt.

It feels worst than before.