39.

As soon as I knock on the door I hold my breath. If Namjoon opens I know for a fact he's going to beat the shit out of me.

So I really, really, want Yoonji to open it. Then again, I can't be hiding behind Yoonji the whole time.

The door opens revealing Namjoon. His expression drastically changes. "What the fuck do you want? Did I not tell you to stay the hell away from my sister?"

"I came here to—"

Without warning he tries to swing at me. Luckily, I dunk just in time to get saved. "Namjoon!" Yoonji screams running towards the door.

She grabs Namjoon pulling him back. "Let go of me!" He screams.

"Hey! Calm down he's coming in peace!"

"In peace? Are you fucking kidding?"

"I am! I'm here in peace." I say holding my hands up. I'm not going to lie I'm a bit shaky.

Yoonji steps in between us pushing Namjoon back. "Joon, please listen to him."

"Are you defending him now?"

"It's complicated, but he will explain."

"Yes. I'll explain. Please keep it down we don't want to alarm your grandma."

"She's not here so I can beat your . . ."

"Namjoon!" Yoonji screams. She takes a deep breath tucking her hair behind her ears. "Please, listen to him. I'm your noona show me respect by giving him a chance to explain."

"What's there to explain? He used you and hurt your feelings not once, but multiple times!"
Namjoon hisses.

"I—I did hurt her feeling and I'm really sorry for that. I've already apologized to her several times and I know my apologies won't heal everything I did to her. I just want to ask for another chance. I want to have your approval to get to know your sister and I want us to be in good terms. I'm sorry for everything and for saying all that stuff to you. I was hurt and very confused and I know that's no excuse. It's just been hard on me too."

Namjoon remains quiet looking at me straight in the eyes. Suddenly, he bursts out laughing hysterically.

Yoonji and I look at him confused. "Joon." She mumbles.

"You're kidding right? You're a little late for your jokes! It's past April!"

He continues to laugh throwing his head back mockingly. A sudden feel of embarrassment and anger start building up inside of me.

"I'm being serious, Namjoon. I really like your sister."

"You really like my sister?" He repeats a hint of bitter in his voice.

"Yes I do."

"You're fucking insane if you think I'll believe that shit! A few weeks ago you referred to her as a lying fake who's considered a 'man'."

"I said that because I was hurt and angry."

"Unbelievable." He huffs angrily.

"Namjoon." Yoonji says a bit more stern this time.

"Listen, I don't have time for these jokes. Come on, Yoonji let's go back inside." He grabs her arms trying to pull her in.

"No stop it. He's trying to talk to you." She says pulling back.

"Why the hell are you defending him? You're unbelievable too! Are you actually defending him after all the tears he made you shed? Do you like being sad and depressed all the time? That's all he ever makes you feel! Even if he makes you happy at times ninety-nine percent of the time you're crying for him! That's not love, Yoonji. That's infatuation. You're infatuated with him because he's a popular jock that decided to talk to you to simply mess with you. Can't you see it? You're not important to him you're only another trophy for his collection. I'm sorry but I won't let you be another girl on his list. You're better than that."

Yoonji blinks severals times gulping. My face is red with anger and I grab Yoonji's hand intertwining it in my own.

"Listen, Namjoon. I don't care if you're 5'11" and scary looking. I will not let you hurt her feelings like that. I've already hurt her enough for you to do the same. I know I fucked up and I'm owning to it."

He scoffs, "This is so crazy! I can't believe you're even saying that! You're so crazy. Yoonji, why are you so blind? Did you forget how he rejected you when he found out the truth? Did you forget he dumped you to ask Jennie to prom in front of you? He did that on purpose to hurt you! He enjoys seeing you in pain and he finds it satisfying! That's so sick! He's not only small minded because he can't understand your problem, but he's also a douche bag who manipulates people. Do you honestly believe in him?"

Yoonji nods her head gulping once again. "I do believe in him, Namjoon. He makes me happy why can't you see? He messed up, but in part it was my fault for hiding the truth from him."

Namjoon shakes his head, "Wow. You're seriously mad. You're so stupid! I can't believe you're believing this guy!"

"Hey! That's enough with the insults. Insult me all you want, but don't treat her that way."

"You know what, Park? Fuck you. I don't like you and I never will. I just hope you know, Yoonji, that this won't last long. He's simply coming back to you because he knows he can. He knows you won't say no because you're stupidly infatuated with him. Just remember that when people are angry they say the truth. And when he told me all of that about you I didn't see a sign of regret in his eyes."

Namjoon slams the door shut leaving us outside. I glance at Yoonji who has blushed cheeks. She looks so embarrassed.

"Did he tell you what I told him?" I ask biting the inside of my lip nervously.

She slowly nods her head looking down at her shoes.

"You know I didn't mean all of that stuff, right? You know I didn't mean it." I whisper a sudden guilt covering me.

"I know," She whispers. "But it still hurts."

This time I'm the one that gulps down the knot in my throat. I wrap my arms around her tiny frame.

"I'm sorry, Yoonji. I don't think a lifetime apologizing to you will ever be enough to make things right."