48.

"How's my beautiful piece of heaven doing today?"

"Eww that's too cringey." Yoonji replies with a disgusted face.

"Hey! I stayed up last night looking for phrases to call your significant other."

"Well that's too much. Drop it like two lines."

"Wow I certainly do not miss you being so feisty." I chuckle taking out my binder.

"I'm just kidding, Jimin! I actually do like the nickname." She replies with a smile.

"Did your grandma miss you over the weekend?"

"Oh yeah for sure. Yesterday when I got home she hugged me so tight and we stayed up talking about my weekend."

"Oh damn. I hope you didn't mention you got wasted along with the rest of my friends or that two of my friends kissed and one of them doesn't remember."

"Don't worry I left off that part. She thinks we were good children and didn't drink at all."

"Oh goodness that's great. I don't want her to dislike me like your brother."

"He will eventually warm up to you."

"Will he though?"

"Maybe."

"That's not a good sign." I say digging through my folder.

"Hey." She says.

I stop looking for my paper and look up to her. "What is it, doll?"

"You said I was your significant other while ago. What does that mean?"

"Significant other is a noun and it means a person with whom someone has an established romantic or sexual relationship."

Yoongi rolls her eyes, "You know that's not what I meant!"

"You asked what does it mean."

"I didn't mean it literally." She replies wrinkling her nose.

I laugh at her cute little nose and bop it. "I know just trying to pick on you."

"Okay so then what does that I mean? Are we—like are we—"

"Boyfriend and girlfriend?" I finish her sentence.

She nods her head fidgeting with her fingers. "Well yes I suppose we are. We do act like a couple and everyone else assumes we date."

"I didn't know because you never asked."

"Min Yoonji, would you do me the honor to be my official girlfriend even though we're technically already dating?"

"That's a peculiar way to ask me out. I'll have to  think about it." She replies looking away from me.

"What? You're kidding, right?"

A smile forms on her lips. "Yoonji! You're kidding, right?"

She turns around and laughs, "Of course I'm kidding! I'd adore to be your girlfriend."

"I'm glad you used that word instead of the word love because it's so cliche."

She grins brightly showing her adorable gummy smile.

"Have you applied to college?" She suddenly asks.

"I have. Three colleges are offering me a scholarship."

"Wow. That's nice."

"Yeah. I haven't decided where to go though. How about you?"

"I haven't yet, but I most likely will."

"Better hurry, doll, the end of the school year is approaching. We're about to graduate!"

"Yeah, I just have to settle everything."

"What do you mean?"

"Technically, I'm still a male in my paper work. It's really expensive to change everything. It was a lot of money to change my name just for one letter. That's why I don't have a license. People at the office are really complicated. I don't think they want to help me. They look at me like I'm a freak."

"You're not a freak. Tell me who those mother fuckers are and I'll beat their asses."

"I appreciate the effort and the willingness. The last thing I want is for you to get in a fight for me." She chuckles.

"I'd do it in a heartbeat. Anything to make you happy and in peace."

"I know. Thank you." She reaches over to grab my hand and gives it a little squeeze. I give her a smile feeling her hand intertwine with mine.

How can one human make you feel like you've been missing out your whole existence because you hadn't met them?

That's the kind of a effect Yoonji has on you.

•••

"Are you coming?"

"Yeah hold on gotta pee." I tell Hoseok.

He nods his head continuing to walk to class. I go to the males room to do my business. I'm in the middle of unbuckling my jeans when Namjoon walks in.

He stands on the urinal beside me and starts using it. My eyes widen feeling suddenly embarrassed.

I pull my zipper back up and go to the sink to wash my hands even though I didn't even use the bathroom.

As I'm washing my hands the air around us starts feeling extremely heavy. If I want to win him back I can't keep running away.

"Hey Namjoon. How're you doing this morning?" I awkwardly ask rubbing my hands together with soap.

He turns to look at me a frown on his face. "Stop trying to start a conversation with me, Park." He replies zipping his pants back up.

I quickly turn around nodding my head. He starts washing his hands on the sink beside me. "I was going to ask have you applied to college?"

"What did I say about conversations? Don't try to talk to me like we're in good terms. I hate the fact that you're messing with my sister once again. I wish you'd stay away."

"Okay I get that I fucked up, but that gives you no right to judge me right now. I've changed—"

"It gives me every right to judge me. You've already fucked up and I can't let you stomp all over my sisters feelings again for your stupid insecurities."

"You don't even understand. Let me explain."

"I have no time for bullshit. I already deal with it on the daily."

He turns around and starts walking towards the door. Out if impulse I grab his arm pulling him back harshly.

Namjoon turns around so fast his eyes staring me down viscously. I step back a bit freaked out.

"Can we talk?"

He stays silent for a long time. It makes me feel intimidated. "Fine. Let's go."

"Wait where?" I ask confused.

"Somewhere else to talk. Unless you want to speak in this public bathroom where random boys can walk in and hear us talk about her."

"Oh okay. Let's go then."

He opens the door walking out. I quickly follow him behind a little unsure of where he's taking me.

If he decides to kill me no one would ever even know.

It honestly terries me.