17

"So how'd it go with, Yoonji?" Taehyung asks opening the door.

"What?"

"Yesterday you skipped class. So what happened with Yoonji?"

"What makes you think I was with, Yoonji?"

"I don't know like everything?"

I shrug and turn my face away from him. I didn't really want anyone to know who I was with but apparently Taehyung can see right through me.

"I won't tell." He whispers softly.

"Won't tell what?" I chuckle trying to play it off. I head over to lift weights while he continues to exercise his back muscles.

"That you have a thing for pale face."

When he says my face he quickly adds, "I didn't mean it as an insult. She's beautiful."

"Doesn't bother me because I don't like her."

"I'm not easily fooled. I don't know if you know that. We've been friends forever so I think you know."

"Yeah. I do."

"So?"

"Okay I ... I like her. Just drop it. It's no big deal."

"Then why continue with the bet?"

"Huh?"

"You're still doing the bet. Why? You shouldn't want to hurt her."

"I'm not doing that anymore. I'm calling it off."

"You should tell the rest then. Especially Hoseok since he seems interested in her."

"I will. Just not now okay? Don't say anything."

"Alright. I won't."

The coach blows a whistle indicating gym class is over. The boys head out the weightlifting room. On the way out I spot Yoonji who's walking in the girls lockeroom.

As hard as I try for my heart not to beat for her it's inevitable. She makes my heart skip a beat without trying. What has this girl done to me?

•••

"How does it feel?" Jungkook mocks with a smug smirk.

"Huh?"

He puts his arm around me and chuckles. "To run out of time. How does it feel?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Well it's been a month now and would you look at the time? You keep running out! Only one more month."

I shove Jungkook away. "What if I don't want to do the bet anymore?"

"Is Yoonji too much to handle?"

"No. I just—"

"You just what?"

"Never mind. Look don't waste my time. I have track practice."

"Sure whatever. Your time is still ticking."

I roll my eyes and walk away. Why couldn't I tell him I like, Yoonji? Why couldn't I tell him I don't want to do that stupid bet anymore?

After arriving to track practice and changing out we do a warm up to start running. "I need two miles. I have to check your times." The track coach says.

I head to the start line feeling myself not motivated at all. My mind is flooded with thoughts. Thoughts that I've been avoiding.

I have to tell Yoonji about the bet.

But how does one do such thing?

Like, 'Oh hey, Yoonji. I like you a lot you know but before I didn't. I was just using you to win a 120 dollar bet, but I like you now! Please forgive me? Wanna get some ice cream?'

After she opened up to be about her issues with Jackson it made me realize how vulnerable she really is.

She acts like a tough girl and like nothing gets to her but in reality she's so fragile. She wouldn't stand being hurt anymore. I'm going to hurt her. It's something I cannot stop.

I'm going to hurt the girl I'm crazy about. I'm hurting her for a bet, for money, how repulsive is that?

"Jimin!"

When my coach screams my name I realize he already blew the whistle. The rest of the guys have already started to run and are way ahead of me.

"Sorry." I mumble starting to sprint. This girl is literally taking over me. She's just here in my mind and she won't leave.

After running the two miles I start walking to cool down. There's sweat dripping from my forehead and my breathing is so fast and heavy.

It only increases more when I see Yoonji standing outside the fence. She's leaning on the fence watching me approach her.

"Have you been here the whole time?"

"Yeah. I saw that you started off late. You still beat a majority of them though. You're pretty fast, Park."

"Thank you. To what do I have the honor?"

"Can't I come to see you practice?"

"No, no it's not that! Of course you can of course. I was just wondering."

She removes her book bag and digs through it pulling out a box. "Here. It's for you." She shoves it to me and looks down zipping her book-bag back up.

"What is it?"

"It's something I got you."

"You got me something? Is Yoonji falling in love with me?" I tease with a smirk.

"Shut up. I hope you like it."

"Well of course I like it if you gave it to me. Let's see—"

"No! Open it when you're alone."

"Why not now? Oh my gosh is it like nudes or something? Did you give me your underwear so I can jack off too?"

"I can't believe I like you." She replies with a frown.

"Kidding, kidding. I'm so funny right? But why can't I open it in front of you?"

"Because just open it alone when you're not with me."

"Okay well thank you for the gift. You shouldn't have."

"I wanted to. It's a form of appreciation."

"Appreciation?"

"Yeah. You - you came to see me yesterday. That showed me that you care about me. You make me feel special, Jimin. When I'm with you I feel like I can be myself. You make me happy. I never thought I'd fall for someone so deeply and specially not someone like you but you changed that. I'm thankful you're in my life. I'm thankful for you."

My throat tightens as I grip the box tightly. Yoonji, if only you knew. My heart is aching. It's tightening every tine I see her dove eyes. She's looking at me like I'm her whole fucking world and I'm an asshole who doesn't deserve her.

"Yoonji, I have to tell you something." I say through the knot in my throat.

I see her heart break through her eyes. "I'm sorry I came too strong. I shouldn't—"

I lean over the fence to hug her and cut her from continuing that sentence. She gasps but hugs me back tightly burying her face in my sweaty shoulder.

"I'm thankful for you too, Yoonji. You have no idea how much."