14.

Before I even knock on Yoonji's door she opens it leaving my hand in midair. It's like she was waiting for me to arrive.

She's wearing a short dark green plaid dress that's just above her knees. It has a white ugly collar but her knee socks and black shoes seem to make it better.

Like usual her hair is down since it's too short to tie it up. There is a green plaid headband so it looks a bit different.

"Yoonji. You look so beautiful." I hand her a cheap rose I bought for 99 cents. She takes it and even though tries to hide it I see her eyes glow up.

"Whatever." She responds quickly putting the rose away. When she turns around I try to get a glimpse of her house.

There's literally no pictures anywhere or any decorations. The only thing close to a decoration is hanging from the wall and it's a random sad drawing.

"Are we leaving or whatever?"

"Aren't you going to invite me—"

Yoonji steps out shutting the door behind. "Okay. I guess not then."

"Let's go. I'm actually hungry you know."

"Do I need to speak with your grandma or your brother?"

"No. This isn't a date so there's no need to."

I make sure to walk ahead of her to open the car door and seem like a gentleman. When Yoonji is about to step in the car her front door opens.

"Remember to be back before midnight." Namjoon comments. "Yeah." Yoonji replies annoyed.

Namjoon gives me a cold glare. I give him a quick smile and go to the drivers side.

"Where are we going again?"

"To this restaurant on another town. It's not too far. I've heard the food is great and I obviously want to try it with you."

"Cool. You're paying right?"

"You're so blunt aren't you?"

She shrugs buckling herself up, "I mean you invited me so it's only fair if you pay."

"But you said this isn't a date so I don't have to pay for you. Unless you want to call this a date."

"I don't think so." She responds rolling her eyes.

"I really like you. Your attitude and personality. I've never met a girl like you and I'm glad you crossed my path. I mean it."

She blinks several times then looks away so I can't see her flustered face. What I said is really true. I am glad I met her because she's a really cool person.

I do enjoy spending time with her a lot. And I'm sort of starting to hate myself for doing this shit to her.

•••

The restaurant Jungkook once suggested is not that bad looking. He told me he once came to eat with his ex girlfriend which he dumped two days later because he claimed he had a crush on Taehyung —which he never told anyone to but me.

"I hope the food is good."

"It better be, Park. You did suggested it."

"Technically, I didn't suggest it. Jungkook did because he said it was good."

We walk towards the restaurant. I get beside Yoonji and attempt to hold her hand. She pulls away almost immediately.

"Hey I'm trying to be sweet. Can you just accept my affection please?"

"No."

"Accept my love child!"

"I'm older than you, Park." She groans.

"A table for two please." I say to the host. He notes something down then grabs two menus to take us to our seat.

"Your waiter will be right with you."

"Thank you so much." I reply holding the seat out for Yoonji.

"Could you stop being so nice? I'm trying to hate you."

"Does that mean you're catching feelings for me huh?"

"Nah. Your arrogance and annoyance kind of helps me keep that under control." She grins.

"Ha very funny. You're so funny." I roll my eyes.

She picks up the menu and starts reading. I do the same since I'm starving. "Hey do you think this plate is good?" She asks putting my menu down and pointing to hers.

"Yeah. I mean it's chicken and chicken is good."

She wrinkles her nose tilting her head. She looks quite adorable. Cute. Beautiful I'd say. Her nose is so tiny and her skin so pale. The extreme pink blush makes her stand out though.

Her glossy lipstick makes her lips so rosy, so soft, so pink. It makes me want to taste her lips once again.

After staring at her for a while I finally get my shit together. I can't spend time looking at her too much and thinking all this corny shit. That only leads to feelings and I can't possibly develop feelings for a girl I'm using to win a bet.

"That plate she has looks great." I finally say to stop myself from staring at her so much. She turns around to see the plate I'm telling her about.

Yoonji turns back around so fast her hair sticks to her lips. Her breathing gets faster and now the color of her face has dropped to a lighter shade.

If you were to put a white piece of paper beside her face you wouldn't tell the difference. Even the blush on her cheeks doesn't help the color.

"What's wrong?"

I notice her hand starts shaking and she looks so scared, so terrified, so petrified. Seeing her like this makes my heart race too.

"Yoonji? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

She keeps looking around with a panicked expression. "Yoonji?" I reach over to grab her hand.

Her mouth slightly parts and it's like she's trying to speak but no words are coming out. She looks down hiding her face. A guy goes by us and he turns to look at Yoonji who's still hiding her face.

He keeps walking and sits with the girl who's plate I said looked good. He looks back at me and then turns to he girl. The girl then looks at our table and says something to him.

"What's wrong? You're really freaking me out!" At this point I've started to get up from my seat to talk to her.

"We have to go! Please! Now." She whispers.

"What? Why?"

"Please! Just please let's go! Now."

I'm about to say something when the boy that walked by comes to our table. He stands right behind Yoonji but looks at me.

"Yoonji. It's been a while."