28.

"What color should I do, Jimin? Maybe pink? I love how I look in pink!" Jennie gushes over the phone.

I roll my eyes for the fourteenth time. "I don't know, Jennie. You've been asking the same question for thirty minutes straight."

"Well I want your opinion silly!"

"Well do pink if you like it."

"Are you okay with pink though? Are you willing to wear a pink tie? I know some boys are picky about that. They relate the color pink to gay."

My eyes widen and I straighten myself up on my bed. "Gay? Why would you say that? Are you implying something?"

My voice is so panicky even I'm making it obvious. "I'm not implying anything. I was just asking you. Why're you being so weird?"

"I'm not being weird." I clarify a bit angry. The word 'gay' makes me uncomfortable. What if she knows something is up with, Yoonji?

She did say Yoonji looked like a man. Even Jennie saw it! How could've I been so oblivious? It was right in front of my eyes the whole time.

"Okay, sorry. Don't get upset babe!"

The pet name makes me cringe to the core. "Okay."

"So, I don't mean to be annoying again, but we really do need a color. Prom is a around the corner!"

"Yellow."

Yoonji wanted to wear yellow to prom. She would've probably picked the most extravagant ugly dress and she would've made it look so beautiful.

"Yellow? I don't know about that. Yellow is kind of an ugly color."

"I like yellow. I think it's beautiful and unique."

Jennie stays silent on the line and I look down at my lap as I start messing with my fingers.

What is Yoonji doing right now?

Is she crying?

Is she angry with me?

Is she hanging out with, Yugyeom?

What is she thinking?

What is she feeling?

"Hello? Jimin? Hello?"

"Huh?" I reply snapping back to my cruel reality.

"I said I'll look at some yellow prom dresses. If it's the color you want then I'm okay with it."

"Okay cool. Well I have to go. It's getting pretty late and I got a test tomorrow."

"Okay honey! Goodnight and sweet dreams." She replies making a smooch sound.

"Alright goodnight." I mumble pressing the end button.

I've got no test tomorrow. It's hard to keep a conversation going when all I can think about is, Yoonji.

•••

"Did you see Jennie's Instagram post?" Jungkook asks as he lights the cigarette between his lips.

"No."

"She tagged you in it."  Jin says taking the lighter from Jungkook.

"I don't know. I logged out of Instagram days ago and haven't bothered to log back in."

"She posted this." Taheyung replies handing me his phone.

okjennieeeeeeeeeee:

guess who got asked to prom by this qt?! @ji_min 💛💛💛

xoxolisa, ROSE, jisoo_ and 104 others.

View all 23 comments.

xoxolisa: so cute 😭
ROSE: goOOaLsSs 💗
jisoo_: AWWWWW

"Oh." I mumble handing him the phone back.

"Everyone is commenting." Hoseok adds.

"Gross."

"Gross? You're the one that asked her out to prom."

"Shut up, Seokjin. I know."

"Okay, okay."

"I'm going to class."

"Already? We have twenty minutes left before first period." Jungkook says.

"Eh I don't care. See you guys later."

I grab my book bag and start heading inside the building. My mind is spinning and my eyes feel heavy.

I've never lost sleep over anyone or anything before. Lately, all I've been doing all night is staying up thinking of the what if's.

A part of me wants to speak to her again. I would love nothing more than to kiss her sweet lips once more.

Then again how could I ever kiss her again knowing the truth? Does it make me gay to like her?

Does it make me gay to think of kissing her again?

When I arrive to class I sit on a different spot without realizing it. I hear small footsteps approach me.

I look up to see Yoonji stand in front of me.  She's not wearing any makeup and she's wearing loose sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

It makes me wonder is she stopped wearing makeup and dressing like she usually does because of what I told her.

"What do you want?" I ask staring directly at her.

"Are you sitting here?" She whispers.

I then realize that I'm sitting on Jin's seat and not my usual spot. "No." I quickly reply getting up.

She keeps looking at me and I immediately give her a cold look. "Stop looking at me like that."

She slowly reaches behind her bag and pulls out a flash drive. I furrow my eyebrows confused as she hands it to me.

"It's our project. I typed it up last night. You can read over it if you like. You have our poster, right?"

I snatch the flash drive from her hand and nod. "Yeah I have it."

"Okay."

I grab my book bag to move back to my original seat. "Jimin." She whispers as soon as I turn around.

No one is in the room right now except for us two. Even though I want to ignore her and keep walking I turn back around.

We look at each other for a few seconds until she speaks up again. "I thought we were going to prom together." She quietly says.

"Did you really expect me to go to prom with you after everything?" I laugh sarcastically.

"Well no, but . . ."

"Exactly. You must be really foolish if you expected me to go with you after everything."

"Why would you take Jennie though? I thought you said there was nothing between you two? Did you lie to me?"

"Why're you so offended and angry? I'm the one that's offended and angry! You have no right to flood me with questions and concerns. You're irrelevant in my life. So stay out of it."

Yoonji's chin quivers and her eyes fill up with tears. "Did I not mean anything to you?" She whispers as tears spill from her eyes.

I have to swallow my pride and try to sound as serious as I can. "No. You were only a bet to me Min Yoonji. You never meant anything to me. All you were to me was money. I did everything for money. To be honest I'm kind of happy that you're a dude because I would've hated to have sex with you either way! It was disgusting to kiss you and to even compliment you. I hated every second of it."

She gulps as a sob escapes her mouth. She covers her face and I feel my own eyes get blurry from tears.

She runs out of the classroom and I'm left alone with my heart sinking into my stomach.

My pride will be the death of me.