이십삼 you're my everything

I Need U

I Need U

BTS – The Most Beautiful Moment In Life, Pt. 1

─────────────────────

◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►►

0:47 – 2:43

THE LAST THING I WANTED TO DO was hurting Jungkook. But his mother should be the most important woman in his life right now, so it just seemed too early in our relationship for me to compete with her. Sobbing in the taxicab, I wiped my tears with the tissues the Korean driver handed me. 

That gesture honestly made me tear up harder. There were surely a million things he could be doing rather than dealing with some sloppy crying mess in his backseat.

I thought it was the right decision to leave but now doubt was growing in my mind. I didn't even know what to do or where to go. Back inside? Back to Seoul?

Did I even break up with him?

"Boy problems?" the driver asked, looking at me over his seat.

"More like mommy issues," I sniffed bitterly and rolled my eyes.

"Aah..." He nodded in understanding. "Korean mothers can be very protective of their sons, especially the youngest."

"Oh, just great... so I really don't stand a chance, huh?"

"Well, that depends..."

"Depends on what?" I urged him almost in desperation.

"Do you love this boy?"

I nodded and smiled through the tears, "Yes, I love him more than anything."

"Then you can't lose hope yet, young woman," the taxi driver firmly told me. "Some things take more time than others. His mother will come around... but for that, you have to go back inside and win her over!"

He was right, so right. And I was such a drama queen.

Walking away fifteen minutes ago was the easy way out, but I had overcome the obstacles thrown in my way to be with the love of my life.

I couldn't believe I was listening to a total stranger, but that was precisely what I was doing.

"Okay, I can do this! Thank you, uuh..."

"My name is Chan Byungchul," he said with a kind smile.

"Thank you so much, Mr Chan," I grinned at the driver and scurried off the cab, waving him goodbye.

Then heaving a deep sigh, I walked toward the house and knocked with a shaky hand. I was even more nervous now that Jungkook wasn't beside me.

His mother opened the door, and a look of surprise flashed through her eyes. "Makailee-ssi?"