이 live your life

21st Century Girl

21st Century Girl

BTS - Wings

────────────────────────

◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►►

1:04 - 2:08

THE NEXT AFTERNOON, LEONOR AND I WERE getting ready for a day in Myeongdong. Rolling out of the heavenly bed was pretty much torture. I was still tired and jet-lagged as hell, but that wouldn't stop me from having the time of my life in South Korea today.

I straightened my hair until it flowed down smoothly to my waist and used a dark cherry lipstick for a bold look. Then keeping it streetwear casual, I slipped into a sleeveless crop top, black biker shorts, and Nike Air Jordan 1 sneakers. Lastly, I added a couple of silver jewelry and big sunglasses.

"Gosh, think of all the BTS merch we can get now~" Leonor gushed, wrapping a hand around the subway's pole because there wasn't any seat available.

"My credit card's already crying, but I'm not!" I smirked playfully and leaned against the glass door opposite to the one we just entered.

"Gosh... I'm Hank Marvin!"

"What the fu-" I stopped mid-sentence and snorted in amusement when her stomach loudly. "Ah, I get it now... we'll eat first, British girl~"

Half an hour later, we stepped back into the streets. Everything was in Korean, which was both exciting and intimidating for a beginner like me. I had learned the basics on my own over the past years, mostly thanks to all the BTS contents and Bangtan Subs on YouTube.

But the chances were that I would make a fool out of myself trying to speak Hangul long before I could get from one place to another without getting lost.

What a better way to learn a new language than in the native country itself?

Myeongdong was a popular district in the heart of Seoul that sold all types of goods like shoes, cosmetics, foodstuffs, and more. International stores, thrift shops, designer boutiques, and street food stalls were lining up the bustling streets. So it was quite the definition of paradise for both shopaholics and food lovers.

Leonor and I headed towards the street vendors to grab some lunch that ended up being 김치빵 - kimchi pork buns - straight out of the oven. And it was so mouth-watering, the bread warm and fluffy, the kimchi pork sour yet spicy.

"Okay, that's it," I said resolutely and wiped my lips, swallowing the last bite. "We're coming back soon just for the street food."

"You just read my bloody mind," Leonor gasped with a big smile and linked her arm through mine. "But for now, moving on to what we really came here for~"