Prologue

"We need to get you the hospital." The woman said as she helped me sit on the couch. I quickly shook my head. "No, it's too late for that," I said as a light pain shot through my lower stomach. "Besides, he'll find me there and I can't risk him being around people in his state," I mumbled to myself. "Who? Who will find you? Who are you running from?" Franklin asked. "Dad, look," Their son said pointing at my neck. The three of them leaned in examining my neck before a gasp left their lips. They all stepped back from me looking at each other. "She has a royal mark. Her mate is a part of the royal family, Rebecca!" Franklin said.

I felt the first contraction of the night as I dug my nails into the couch. "Are you in labor?" Rebecca asked as she came grabbed my hand. "Rebecca look," Franklin said pointing to the tv. There on the screen sat a picture of me with the words missing sitting under it. "If you've seen this woman please notify authorities immediately." The speaker said.

"I knew she looked familiar." Their son said. "You're Mr. Ahmad's mate!" Franklin said as he stared at the screen wide-eyed. "Who cares about that, Franklin?" Rebecca said as she tried her best to calm me down. "Rebecca-" "Franklin, if Mr. Ahmad finds out we let his mate and his child die it won't matter that she was here because he will kill us, regardless. Now help me!" Rebecca barked at him. Both of the men stared at Rebecca worry still written on their faces. "Look I don't want to cause any problems. I just need help delivering the baby. I'll leave right after, please." I said looking at the two men.

"You're fine, we'll help," Rebecca said. "Go get some towels and warm water. Franklin come hold her hand." She said. Their son, Derek went to go grab some towels as Franklin held my hand. Everything moved quickly after that. Rebecca placed a towel over my lower half, so I was covered before she checked to see how far I was. "Oh—Oh wow." She gasped. "Oh? No oh, don't say oh." I said as I sat up. "I didn't mean to alarm you I just meant that you aren't fully dilated yet. It's going to be a while longer." She said. I sighed.

--

I walked out of the bathroom in a fresh pair of clothes to see Rebecca holding my son. I had been in labor since about 12:30 this morning and it was now almost 11:00 am. "I should go I've already inconvenienced you three in enough," I said as Rebecca handed me, my son. "Well at least let us call Mr. Ahmad," Franklin said. "No, please," I said a little too quickly. I was still angry that Pablo and Ares didn't tell me what was going on. I was pissed that Pablo and Malik let Ares die. I felt completely betrayed. "It's not safe," I said shaking my head. They looked at me confused. "Did you run from him?" Rebecca asked. I shook my head.

"I just need to get out of here," I said shaking my head. "We can't let you leave. You're in no condition to be going anywhere. You just had a baby." Rebecca said. "Go look for some to put the baby." She said looking at her husband and son.

"Thank you for helping me," I said looking at her.

"Is he hurting you?" She asked. "Mr. Ahmad—I've heard he can be ruthless and I'm sure you've seen him at his worst." She said. I looked away from her and down at my baby. "I—he. Things are very complicated right now and I just need some time." I mumbled. "What are you going to name him?" Rebecca asked trying to change the subject. I smiled rubbing my son's cheek. "Nasir," I said as Franklin came back. "I found some extra sweats for you." He said.

"I found some of my old baby clothes," Derek said coming back shortly after. Once Nasir was cleaned and changed, I walked back into the living room. "Here's some money. It's not much but it should help you get home." Rebecca said as she rubbed my arm. "I can't take this," I said. "I may not know exactly what's going on but I do know what it feels like to want to escape your mate." She pulling her shirt showing me her mark.

I looked closely seeing that whoever her mate was he held a high ranking. "A woman showed kindness and now I have the chance to pass it on," Rebecca said teary-eyed. I hugged her telling her, thank you again. I opened the door only to see dozens of police cars in front of the house and Malik's black truck.

I quickly closed the door and looked at the three of them. "You called him?" I questioned. Rebecca turned and looked at her son and husband. "Franklin what did you do?" Rebecca questioned. He shook his head. "I didn't call them." He told her. We turned to their son. "I had to call." He snapped. "If they traced her back here and something happened to them, you know he would kill us," Derek said looking at his mother.

"Ahsha please come out. No one will be hurt. You have my word." I heard Pablo speak with ease as if he hadn't already hurt me by taking my mate. I looked down at Nasir. I was not prepared for something like this to happen. Of course, I had a plan to run from Ares, but I didn't have a physical kid to worry about. I didn't have my face plastered on tv for the whole country to be on the lookout for. I also couldn't let Rebecca or her family get hurt for helping me. I sighed kissing Nasir's forehead before opening the door. "Ahsha?" I glanced back at Rebecca. "It's okay. We'll be fine," I said giving her a reassuring nod before opening the door.

I stepped outside to face the man who against my better judgment I was in love with. He walked towards me stopping just a few feet in front of me. He stared into my eyes and I watched as Malik's green eyes began to bleed to red before turning a golden color. He walked closer to us never breaking eye contact. He reached up cupping Nasir's head gently before kissing his forehead. He hummed softly raising his hand up and caressing my cheek. "Get in the car." He said. "Where's Imam?" I asked. He clenched his jaw before glancing over his shoulder.

I followed his gaze seeing Imam standing near another car. "And Mira?" I questioned. "She's being dealt with. Get in the car." He repeated. "And Ares? How is he being dealt with?" I asked. "Ahsha, my love. My sweet mate." He cooed. "Get. In. The. Car." He said slowly.