(Anxciet) Don't Ask

"uhm-"

"Don't ask." Was all Virgil said as he placed headphones on the deceitful sides ears. The other was shocked; to say the least.

He had just made something to drink, and he was about to leave before he was spotted. His plans were foiled when Anxiety showed up. Here he was, now. Headphones on his ears playing some random song.

""Lately I've been, I been loosing sleep

Dreaming about the things we could be-"

Deceit knew this song. But, why had Virgil gave it to him to listen to. His eyes wandered up, giving Virgil a skeptical look. Where was the catch? Looking into the Auburn eyes of the anxious trait, he saw only smugness and a sly smirk, with a hint of hesitance and of course anxiety.

"Uhm-" he was hushed as Virgil took his headphones back.

"I think we're ready to get over ourselves. Don't you agree?"

Was he talking about their past? Of course he was. The dumbfounded look on Dece's face must have been amusing, because Virgil let out a small snicker. Deceit did infact agree; he had wanted to settle the dispute that had been going on for far too long for a while now.

But he had to know.

"W..hy?"

Virge rolled his eyes, putting the headphones around his neck. "Do you want to make up or not?"

Deceits eyes widened, nodding. "Of course not! I just--- what, what made you.. you know?"

"Forgive you? Call it a hunch. Or Patton."

A slight flash of dissapointment ran across Deceit's face, scowling for only a moment. "Ah. Well, in that case, we shouldn't get started. Wouldn't want your dad to get mad now, would we?"

Virgil saw the look, but chose to ignore it. Patton urged him to apologise and forgive, of course. But it was his own decision to do such things.

"Dad would never force me to make up with you, De. Roman maybe, but this is entirely my choice."

"Oh?" Deceit asked, eyebrow raising. "I.. I see. Uhm-"

"Come on, Jack the fibber, let's go watch Pinocchio." Virgil teased, winking before realizing he did something he didn't usually do. "Uhm, sorry, that was wierd-"

"Worry about it, why don't you. It was an awful thing to do; wink at me. How dare you." Deceit joked, lieing coming out as sarcasm. Virgil chuckled, nodding and then shaking his head. "Let's go.."

Together they walked over, taking a seat.

Neither focused on the movie. Instead as soon as the apologies began, so did the tears. Each one spilling the many words of regret they'd been wanting to speak for years. Both clinging to each other, hands intertwined.

"I'm so sor-"

"I hate you with all of my being."

Virgil's eyes widened, blinking. Deceits hand slapped over his mouth. Speaking in lies, it became obvious that he had just confessed to the one person he'd fallen for.

"You.. you do?"

"No!"

"Deceit I-"

"I ruined it, oh my god I ruine-"

"De!"

"I just- I'm! I-"

"Deceit!!"

He shut his mouth, staring at Virgil.

.
.
.

"I love you too..."

*Flash*

"PATTON!" Virgil screached, getting up and chasing after fhe father figure who was leaving behind a trail of giggles.

Deceit covered his face with his gloved hands, green blush evident. Of course Patton had been watching.

Though... he was thankful.

Don't ask.