Domas (deceit x thomas)

((Yes I'm pretty sure I invented this ship name so yeet- the idea of Thomas comforting deceit is so pure. Angst and fluff warning!))
.
.

Deceit has always been a curious side. More curious than most, I'd say. He didn't really see the harm in wondering what is where. Expecially in his own domain.

Yet he has explored every section of the dark side. He has explored as much as possible in the light side. So really, the only place he had left to explore was the real world. Also known as, Thomas's appartment.

He rose up in Virgil's usual spot. Thomas should be in bed, and the other sides in his head. So, with that thought, he decided that he coukd let his gaurd down and snoop around. His eyes wandering through the living space. Of course he has seen it before. In all aspects aswell. However, his mind went to the kicthen, a room he has never entered. It has always been visible behind Logan, but he never got a chance.

The lights were off, only moonlight flooding through. Giving it a slightly earie feeling. He stepped quietly through the carpeted living room. Passed the stairway and through Logan's spot, entering the kicthen. Looking at the gorgeous marble counter tops. Appreciating the wooden cupboards individually.

He ran a gloved hand over the counter. The rubber making a soft squeeking sound, making his stifle a laugh. Looking up at the cealing, he looked at the light fixture that remained off. The last thing he wanted was for someone to be alerted of his presence. Or for Thomas to think he has a burgler. Yes, not good.

So he stayed as quiet as possible as he opened up a cupboard, and looked. Touching nothing, moving nothing, just looking. He saw that it was mostly empty save some boxed mac and cheese and cake mix. Then he moved on to the next one. Seeing that this one was the cupboard full of cups. The next, had plates and bowls.

He began to have a feel of the basic lay out. But as he closed one, he heard a small gasp come from the stair case.

Deceit turned around as a startled Thomas asked, "wh-whos there? I-im not afraid of you!"

Deceit chuckled at the lie, and shook his head. However, that didn't mean panic hadn't quickly set in. "Its just one of your sides~" he chimed. His black cloak helping him to blend into the shadows. It was too late to transform into a different side, or disguise himself.

He had been caught.

"Oh." Thomas said, visibly more relaxed as he continued down the stairs. Baseball bat sill in hand. "Patton?"

"Wrong. Think... monster." He stated.

Thomas didn't seem to understand until Deceit let his eye glow that magnificent yellow.

And just like that, Thomas had backed up again. Bat raised infront of him defensively. "What... what do you need?" His question came out more fearful than hostile. Which is as expected, as all the lies the others believe. Made up in the subconscious.

"Nothing, nothing... just, bored." Deceit said truthfully, not dropping the way he talked.

"Youre.. y-you're lieing. Tell me before I call for the others!" Thomas said, not caring that he had raised his voice. Gaining confidence.

Deceit scoffed. "Oh come now. Why do you get to decide what is true and false? Sounds more like, oh, I don't know, my job?" He said with a laugh at the end. "Dont you think if I wanted something, I'd have taken it?"

He seemed to be getting to him. Thomas's bat wavering. "Well..."

"And don't you out think that if I wanted to harm you, I would have taken the opportunity while you were sleepimg, not been in your kicthen?" He asked sincerely. Only at the few feet away from Thomas now.

"Well yeah- wait, why are you in my kitchen?"

"Would you rather have me in your bedroom?"

"What- no- I- what?"

Deceit chuckled, "teasing, teasing." He said, his hands going up in defense, "I was just looking around."

Thomas looked at him suspiciously with a side glance.

Deceit shook his head. "I take that as my cue to leave." He said, beginning to sink down.

"What- no wait!" Thomas said.

Deceit paused his leaving, and slowly rose back up. Looking at Thomas with a raised eyebrow. How much he wanted to convince Thomas he wasn't as evil as everyone says. At the most he's a chaotic neutral.

"I... you were really just looking around?"

"...." Deceit said nothing, and only nodded in response.

Thomas flicked on the light, nearly blinding deceit.

"In that case... would you mind helping me? I can't sleep."

"Anxiety?" Deceit asked.

"No... Remus, actually."

"Ah." Deceit answered, leaning against the counter. "My best advice, is to let the thought play out. The more you try to stop it, the more chaotic it will get."

"I know I just... why does Remus do this to me?"

That phrase stuck Deceit in the heart. The pure sadness dripping from his tone. The fact that Thomas was so desperate for help he was asking someone he didn't even trust.

"He... he doesn't. We, us, the sides, can't control what we are. He is doing what he was made to do, just like all of us, just like you. Sure, he may enjoy his job more than most, but as Logan said, you give him too much control." Deceit explained.

Thomas nodded. "So... what about you? Do you like, well, being deceit?"

"I love it, there's nothing better." He said sarcastically. "Everyone being scared of you, being an outcast, being a villain, being the only one with a different face. Just peachy." He lied, not looking at Thomas anymore.

Thomas's eyes had gone from cautious to concerned.

"I dont think you're as bad as Virgil says..."

Deceit's heart began to race. He looked up at him with hopeful eyes.

"If anything, you're a chaotic neutral."

"That's what I always say!!" Deceit said excitedly, maybe a tad bit too loud.

Thomas grew amused, as evident by the way his eyes wrinkled. "Yeah. Hey, since you're here, and since I can't sleep... wanna watch anime with me?"

Deceit's blood rushed to his cheeks. He had never felt vaunreble before. He nodded, keeping his tough guy persona active as he walked over to where Thomas stood. "Does, this mean you don't think I'm a bad guy?" He questioned.

"I have my doubts."

"Good enough for me, it's a deal."