Chapter 2

The serpents were doting on Betty hand and foot. Jughead and FP had to go to Greendale for the day to sort out some business with one of the bars suppliers and after he reluctantly left, he made the serpents promise to look after Betty; he'd become more protective ever since he found out she was pregnant. "Betty do you need anything?" Sweetpea said as he came back over to her booth for the third time. Betty put the book down she was reading and smiled up at him. "I'm good thank you... again" she smirked. "Okay! Okay good... sorry I just don't know what I'm supposed to be doing" Sweetpea rambled. "God she's pregnant. She hasn't been body snatched" Toni yelled from over the bar causing Betty to burst out laughing. "Honestly everyone I'm fine" Betty said, noting how all the serpents were hovering. "We're just following jugheads orders" fangs said. "And I appreciate that but I'm fine" she said standing and grabbing her purse. "Where are you going?" Toni rushed to ask as Betty moved towards the door. "Kevin just got a new job at clothing store on the other side of town and I'm doing to visit him and take him lunch" she said and before anyone could convince her otherwise she got in the truck and left.

"Betty jones you are a godsend!" Kevin praised as she handed him a mocha and a salad bowl. "It was nothing, I have a cupcake if you want it?" She asked holding up a bag. "No thank you, if I consume anymore calories this week I may just explode" Kevin said dramatically and Betty giggled. "So what's it like working here?" Betty asked looking around the small boutique. "It's cool, the owners lovely and she's always looking out for us, there's two other people who work here, Trev and Ethel" Kevin said. "I'm happy for you! All grown up" Betty joked. "Well talk about being grown up! You're going to be a mom!" He said and pointed to her still flat belly. "I know" she gushed. "It's crazy" she whispered. "If anyone deserves happiness in this world it's you Betty" he said. "Thanks Kev". "Anyways when my little god child is born, I will happily discount all the baby items" he said and pointed to the children section of the store. Betty walked over while Kevin served a customer and looked through all the baby clothes; they were all so small. She found a baby beanie that her heart melted over; it matched jugheads and then a baby grow that had small giraffes printed over it. She picked them up and took them over to Kevin. "Wow, Baby shopping already" he teased as he scanned the outfits. "I can't help it! It's all so cute" she blushed. After she paid they spoke for a bit longer until Betty said she should be getting back. "I'll call you later! Love you and thanks for lunch" Kevin said as she waved goodbye. "Love you too" she said and left the store.

She stopped off at pops for a milkshake craving and brought jughead a burger, knowing he would be home soon and then got into her car. Before she drove off she had a text from jughead:

Jug: why aren't you at the bar? Where are you?!
Betty: relax I'm on my way home 💗

When she arrived back at the bar she was immediately ambushed my jughead taking her bags off her and placing them on a table then placing his hands on her shoulders to look at her. "You can't leave like that! Why wouldn't you text me? Where have you been and why aren't you wearing a coat?!" He rushed out. Betty just rolled her eyes and took her bags and the takeout upstairs. "Betty?" He asked following her. "I'm fine!" She said when they got into the apartment. "I was with Kevin, I don't need babysitting I'm pregnant okay? That doesn't mean I can't do anything, I don't need smothering!" She said getting annoyed. Jughead realised he was being to overwhelming and put his arms around her waist. "Okay okay you're right. I'm sorry. I just worry about you normally but now you're carrying precious cargo" he smiled. "I know and I love you but if I say I'm okay, I'm okay" she said and kissed him. "I trust you, and I love you too" he said. "I got you takeout from pops" and said holding up the bag. "I had cravings so I brought you some home" she said handing over the bag. "Have I told you that you're the best?" He said, taking out the burger. "Yes but you can say it again" she giggled. "You're the best Betty jones" he said. "Oh!" She said excitedly as he sat on the couch eating. "Look what I brought! And I know it's early but I couldn't resist!" She smiled grabbing the bag from Kevin's store. She held up the giraffe printed baby grow and then the beanie. "It's like yours!" She beamed. "It's adorable baby" he said as she sat next to him. "It's so small" he said looking at the baby grow. "I know can you believe we're going to have a baby?" She asked in awe. "I'm so excited betts" he said. "Me too Jughead Jones, me too".