Chapter 16

The next morning while Betty was still asleep jughead was packing a suitcase of their clothes. He'd booked a small cabin in a nature reserve with beautiful scenery, and they were leaving at 9am as it was a three hour drive. It was only 7:30am so he let Betty have some more sleep and went down to the bar. "Hey Jug" his dad greeted. "Hey dad, Your here Early" Jug said. "Yeah, I came to drop off some bike parts to fangs and sweetpea" FP said. "Hey guys" Jug said moving over to a booth where fangs, sweetpea and Toni were. "Hey" they said. "Just letting you all know me and betts are going away for a few days, we're leaving at 9 and I've text you all the details of where we're staying in case you need us" he smiled. "Okay! You guys deserve it" Toni said. "Yeah make sure Betty rests" FP laughed.

"Betts... wake up baby" jug said as he gently shook her shoulder. She mumbled and rolled over and hurried her face in his legs. He chuckled at her. He looked at her sleepy form and trailed his eyes down to her small bump. He gently placed his hand over the bump and kissed Betty's head. "Baby. Come on we're leaving at 9" he said. She moved and opened eyes to look up at him. "I haven't packed!" She said. "Don't worry I've already done it for you" he smiled. "But how do you know what fits me? I'm huge now!" She said and pointed to her belly. "Babe, your bump is tiny, you're not very far along and I know you and I know what clothes you like to wear" he said and kissed her. "Now come on you need to get dressed" he smiled and helped her up. When Betty was ready she put on some leggings and jugheads hoodie, she brushed her hair and went to join jughead in the living room. "Have you seen my phone?" She asked and he smiled and held it up. "God what would I do without you?" She laughed. "I ask myself everyday" he said and she giggled. When they were ready jughead grabbed the suitcase and Betty grabbed her bag and they went downstairs. The serpents were all there to say goodbye to the couple. "Babe, here... for breakfast" Jug smiled as he handed her a chocolate croissant for the road. She kissed him In thanks and they were off.

After about an hour of singing, laughing and talking they pulled into a gas station for a break. As soon as the truck was parked Betty rushed into the toilets. Jughead waited outside and when she came out her hair was in a low ponytail and she was wiping her mouth and jughead knew; morning sickness. "You okay babe?" He asked as he pulled her into his arms. "Yeah, feel completely fine now" she said. "good, I'm going to go and get some snacks and I'll get you some water do you want anything else?" He asked and she shook her head. He kissed her head and handed her the keys and walked into the small shop.

"I know you said you didn't want anything but I brought you a muffin" jug announced as he got back into the truck. Betty giggled and took the bag off him so he could put his seatbelt on. "Thank you juggie" she said and leaned over to kiss his cheek. She took out her water and took her sip. "You ready to carry on going? Or do you need to stop a bit longer?" Jughead asked, a little concerned that she might feel sick. "I'm okay, we can carry on" she insisted and he nodded and pulled the truck out of the gas station. Betty took the aux and plugged her phone in. "Oh no.. Betts please. Not your music" Jug whined; But a smile still on his face. "Hey! The baby likes it" she giggled. "Wow are you using our unborn child against me to play dreadful music?" He asked in fake annoyance. "You bet your ass i am!" She grinned and he laughed and reached for her hand, interlacing their fingers and giving a loving squeeze while he listened to her sing along to her music.

When they finally arrived at the cabin, Betty was super excited. She was bouncing in her seat at the scenery as they passed in the car. "Juggie it's beautiful!" She squealed as she rushed out the car. The cabin was amazing and had decking and a porch swing out the front to sit on and enjoy the view of the lake in front of them. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" She said and hugged him tight. "You're welcome, I love you" she said, holding her to him. "I love you more! Come on let's go and check it out!" She said and rushed up to the cabin and opened the door. Inside was a big opened planned area with sofas, and a massive fireplace and the Kitchen towards the back, The bedroom has a massive bed and the bathroom was amazing with a grand tub which Betty couldn't wait to use. "Oh juggie it's amazing!" She smiled. "Only the best for my girl" he beamed. "Now we can all relax, me, you and bug" he said rubbing her bump. Betty pulled him down to kiss her, which turned into a heated make out session. "Juggie" she breathed. "Let's go to bed..." she said with a smirk and his eyes darkened with just. "What about our bags?" He asked, his hands running through her hair while she pulled at his shirt. "Forget about the bags".