Chapter 25

The next few days Betty hardly left jugheads side. Wherever he went, she went. Jughead didn't mind of course but they had a serpent run they had to to a few towns over and they had to stay overnight. He didn't want to cause any stress on her or their baby but he had to go. He decided to just he honest and tell her about the trip. "Baby?" He called from the bedroom. "What?! What is it?! Are you okay?!" She said, panting as she rushed into the room. "Woah, hey. Calm down" he chuckled and placed his hands on her shoulders and gently moved her to sit on the end of the bed and he sat next to her and took her hands. "I have something to tell you" he started. "We have a serpent run tomorrow and we'll be gone overnight and won't be back Til the next afternoon" he said softly, trying to gauge her reaction. "Oh" Betty said, looking deflated. "I'm sorry baby, I can't get out of this one because I'm their king but I'll call and text whenever I can and I'll be back before you know it" he said, wrapping an arm around her. "Toni will still be here and you could maybe invite Kevin or Veronica round?" He suggested. "Yeah. Yeah okay" she said and stood up and walked out the room. Jughead sighed and watched as she grabbed a book and went downstairs.

When jughead made his way down to the bar he spotted Betty at a booth in the back and then made his way over to the others. "Hey guys" he greeted. "Hey jug". "What's up with Betty?" FP asked. "I told her about the run" Jug sighed. "She said she was okay with it but her reaction says otherwise" Jug said looking over at his wife. "She'll be fine Jug. I think it will be good for her to maybe not have you here for a night, i know she was stressed and scared but she can't be with you twenty four seven" Toni said. "I know, I agree I just don't want to make her upset" Jug sighed. "It will be okay Jug, now come on let's her dinner!" Fangs said, calling the other serpents for dinner while jug called Betty. "Hey Betts, coming for dinner?" He said with a smile and she nodded and stood up. Before she could sit down he gently tugged on her arm pulling her into a hug and he kissed the top of her head. "I really am sorry I have to go but I don't like you being upset sweetheart" he said. She sighed and pulled back to look up at him. "I know. It's okay really I'm just being clingy I promise I'll be okay" she said and he smiled and kissed her lips before taking her hand and leading her over to the others to have dinner.

The following day after a tearful goodbye, jughead kissed Betty and left with FP, sweetpea, fangs and a few other serpents. Betty had spent the day with Kevin having lunch and then her and Toni spent the rest of the night in Betty and jugheads apartment; Betty didn't want to be alone, and they watched movies and had a girls night. "I'm so glad I have you here Betty, I love having a girl around" Toni smiled as Betty handed her some more popcorn. "Me too" Betty beamed. "Thank you for keeping me company" she added. "It's okay, you're like a sister to me" Toni said. Later on when Betty was in bed she had a message come through from jughead:

Jug: sorry I couldn't I call or text earlier. We're here now. Hope you and bug are okay❤️I love you so much! Get some well deserved rest, I'll see you tomorrow my love❤️

Betty smiled to herself in the dark of their room, Toni asleep beside her. She locked her phone and looked at her lock-screen, a picture of them laying in bed, lovesick smiles on their faces. After placing her phone on the side she snuggled into the covers and breathed in jugheads scent before drifting off to sleep, excited to see him the next day.