Chapter 54

"Betts! I'm back love" jughead yelled when he walked back into the apartment. Suddenly Betty appeared in front of him, in her pyjamas and a hopeful look on her face. "Do you get them?" She asked excitedly. He smirked and walked further into the apartment, dropping a bag on the table. "Maybe" he teased. "Jug! Give them to me" she whined. Jughead laughed at his wife's face and pulled out two pints of Betty's favourite ice cream. "Yes!" She squealed excitedly and rushed to the kitchen to grab a spoon and take a scoop. "Mmm" she moaned in delight. Jughead just laughed. "So i take it, it was worth the wait?" He Joked and she nodded enthusiastically. Betty has been moping all morning and when jughead had asked her what was wrong she had said she wanted ice-cream so jughead said after he finished his paperwork he would get her some. "Thank you juggie" she smiled and kissed him Softly. He pulled her to his arms and squeezed her lightly. "Anything for you princess, will you be okay if I go back down to the office and get some more work done?" He asked, checking to see if she would be okay. "Yeah that's fine, I'm just going to watch some tv" she said moving to the couch. "Okay, text me if you want me, bye babe" he said and left the apartment.

A few hours later Betty got bored and decided to get up off the Couch. She noticed the book shelf was dirty and decided to dust it. As she was about to reach for the duster she fell forward and into the side table, unable to stop what was about to happen she knocked the table over and she heard a glass shattering and her feet became wet. She looked down to find squirts fish bowl on the floor and the poor fish flipping about on the hard wood floor. She screamed and Quickly filled a glass with water and rushed back over to pick up squirt and place him in the glass, ignoring all the glass that was cutting her hands and legs as she knelt down. Squirt was still moving so she was relieved that he wasn't dead but she was scared he might be hurt.

"JUG!" Betty yelled, rushing into the bar, the cup with squirt still in her hand. The serpents in the bar looked shocked as they saw Betty; still bleeding and crying. "Betty What's happened?!" Toni said rushing over. "I'll get jug" FP said and ran off in the direction of the office. Betty just stood their Shaking and crying  until jughead ran over. His heart stopped at the sight of his wife in her pyjamas, blood on her hands and legs and shaking. "Betts? Babe. What's happened?" He asked, placing a hand on her cheek and leading her over to a chair. She just handed him the cup and he looked into it. "Why is squirt in the cup?" He asked. Betty explained to everyone what had happened and was in tears again. "Oh betts, it was an accident don't worry, he's fine and we'll get him a new fish bowl, okay?" Jughead said kneeling in front of her and kissing her softly. "Okay" she nodded, wiping her tears. "Fangs can you go and get a new fish bowl please?" Jug asked and fangs nodded. "Come on betts lets get you upstairs" he said and helped her up.

"I'm sorry about the mess" Betty sniffed when they entered the apartment. "It's okay betts, it was only an accident" he said. He helped her up onto the counter and kissed her softly. "Let me clean your cuts sweetheart" he said and cleaned up the blood and placed plasters over some of the bad ones. "Thank you" she said when he was done. "It's okay, is it sore?" He asked rubbing his arms across her back and she buried her head in his chest. "A little" she sighed. "Why don't you go and rest in bed for a bit and I'll make you some tea?" He said and she nodded.

"Fish delivery" fangs said as jughead let him into the apartment. "Is he okay?!" Betty asked running over to him and taking the new bowl and placing it on the now clean table. "He's fine and now he has a bigger bowl with pink pebbles and I even brought it an ornament of a starfish" fangs smiled hoping it would Cheer her up. "Thank you! Thank you!" She beamed and ran to hug him. "No problem betts" he smiled. "Thanks man" Jug said watching his wife watching her fish. "I'll never understand how a fish can make her so happy" fangs said and jughead just laughed.