Chapter 51

When Betty woke up, she wandered into Kevin's kitchen to find her husband and best friend laughing while cooking. She looked at them curiously until Kevin spotted her. "Betts!" He grinned and jughead spun round to look at her. "What are you doing here?" She asked jughead. "I was worried about you. You left without telling anyone" he said, taking a step towards her. "Why don't you two go and talk I'll handle dinner" Kevin said and Betty nodded and lead Betty to the front porch where she sat down on the steps and waited for him to follow. "I'm sorry for not telling you I was leaving" Betty sighed. "Betts. Why did you go? You didn't want me to leave this morning? What's happening babe?" He asked and grabbed her hands. "I.. I don't like being alone. I thought I was Okay after the Ghoulie incident but I wasn't and I don't like not being without you" she sniffed, trying not to cry. "Oh baby. I wish you'd told me" he sighed and kissed her head. "I know I'm sorry" she said, not Looking at him. "Hey" he said, lifting her chin to look at him. "It's okay" he smiled and she nodded and he kissed her. "Now come on, let's go have some dinner" he said and helped her to stand up.

"Thanks for today Kev" Betty smiled as she hugged her best friend goodnight. "Anytime Betts! I'll call you later" Kevin beamed and watched as Betty climbed into jugheads Truck. "Thank you for looking after her" jughead said. "Always" Kevin smiled and waved as jughead climbed in the truck after Betty. "Ready to go gorgeous?" Jughead asked as he laced their fingers. She nodded and leant over to kiss his cheek. Back at the bar, the serpents had already had dinner and were all hanging out. "Hi guys" Jug greeted when they walked in, Betty waved and they made their way up to the apartment. "Do you want me to run you a bath?" Jug asked once they were in the apartment. "Yes please" be said. "But only if you Join Me" she added. "I'm sure that could be arranged" he smirked and went into the bathroom.

"You know, I read somewhere that we should start packing a hospital bag now that you've only got a couple of months left" jughead said later that night when they were in bed, him on his phone and Betty reading a baby book. "Okay, maybe we'll start getting one together on the weekend?" She said and he nodded. "Are you nervous?" He asked and she put her book down and turned to look at him. "Very. For everything the birth, being a good mom" she sighed and he pulled her into him. "I know birth is scary and painful but millions of women do it and it will be okay, I'll be With you the whole time and you can squeeze my hand as hard as you want" he said and she giggled. "And you'll be an amazing mom Betty Jones! I don't doubt you for a second. We have each other, we're a team. Always" he said, kissing her softly, trying to reassure her. "Thank you" she said after a while. "For what Baby?" He said. "Loving me" She said and he squeezed her closer.