Chapter 24

"Baby.. baby wake up" a voice said to Betty. Slowly she opened her eyes and when they had adjusted to the light she saw a figure standing above her. Suddenly blue eyes met green and she shot up. "Juggie!" She said and flew into his open arms. "Woah, Calm down baby I'm here I've got you" he said softly and stoked her hair. "You're here, you're really here" she cried into his shoulder. "I'm here betts, I'm so so so sorry for scaring you, my phone was smashed in the crash and they wouldn't let me call you" he said and pulled her to look and him and brought their lips crashing together. "I love you, I love you so much" she sobbed as he tried to kiss away her tears. "I love you more baby, forever and always" he said. Gently he moved her to sit back down and placed his hand over the her bump. "Everything's alright now betts okay?" He said and she nodded. " I thought I lost you, I thought you were gone and the bug wouldn't know his dad" she said. "Hey" jughead said lifting her chin up so he could kiss her. "I'll never leave you, or bug. Ever okay?" He said and she nodded and he pulled her to his chest and let her try and calm down. "That's it baby, breathe. Just listen to my heart beat" he said as he rubbed her back.

Everyone had already seen Jug while Betty was asleep and they'd already left the hospital and the doctors said that as soon as Betty woke up she could go home. As jughead was filling out Betty's discharge papers, with one hand because Betty wouldn't let go of his other hand, Betty finally looked at him; he had a small cut on his cheek and a few on his arms but that was it. Jughead caught her staring and looked over and smiled. "Do they hurt?" She asked. "No, I'm fine baby" he smiled and squeezed her hand. "Im sorry" she whispered so quietly he almost missed it. "For what?" He asked, coming to sit on the bed next to her. "It's my fault this happened to you and I freaked and We could've lost bug" she said. "Hey sweetheart. This wasn't your fault okay? Your mom shes insane baby. And I'm glad it was me in that car and not you okay? We're okay now and your mom won't bother us anymore" he said. "Were safe... all of us" he said stroking her bump.

That night when they got home Betty refused to leave jugheads side. They skipped dinner with the serpents because they were both exhausted. They had takeout and cuddled on the Couch before heading off to bed, wrapped up in each other's arms. Jughead fell asleep quickly but Betty couldn't sleep. She tried, she really did but she kept tossing and turning which stirred jughead awake. "Baby, you need to relax" he said softly. "I'm sorry for waking you" she apologised. "Don't be silly, Betts look at me. What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" He said kissing her nose. "I don't want you to be gone if I wake up" she said. "Oh honey. I'm not going anywhere okay?" He said. "Promise?" She said looking up at him with watery eyes. "I promise you" he said and peppered her face with kisses. Jughead suddenly felt something on his abdomen and looked down to see Betty's bump pressing into him and their baby kicking. "Hey stop kicking me you!" Jug joked and kissed the bump. "Hey what about me?" Betty smiled. "And stop kicking mommy bug!" Jug teased. "You know we should think on a name for him" jughead said. "How about Forsythe the fourth" Betty said with a cheesy smile. "You're mommy's a jokester" Jug smirked to the bump and Betty burst out laughing and jughead smiled at her, glad all the chaos was over.