Chapter 72

The next month passed quickly. Betty was diagnosed with mild post partum depression but with all the help from Jughead, the serpents and therapy she was Doing Okay again. Jughead was super proud of her, she was such an amazing mom.

"Baby? Are you ready to go, you're appointment Is in 10 minutes" Jughead yelled to Betty. "Yes! Coming" she said as she walked out the bedroom. "Where's noah?" She asked. "Dads looking after him" jug smiled and kissed Betty softly. When Jughead had dropped Betty to her scheduled therapy appointment and promised to pick her up when it was done Betty went inside.The appointment was over way before they expected to Betty decided to walk back to the bar, the fresh air would probably do her good. As she hit the Southside she noticed a man a few yards behind her. He was tall and had blonde hair. She sped up a little; feeling uncomfortable. Her heart started to race even more when the man also started to walk faster. The next thing she knew she was being thrown against the wall. "AHHH!" She screamed. "Shut up bitch!" The man growled. He started hitting her and threw her on the ground. "Give me your purse!" He demanded but Betty was too weak and he kicked her in the stomach and he grabbed her purse and ran. Betty lifted her head just in time to see the man wearing a Ghoulie jacket before her head hit the ground and she saw black...

Meanwhile at the wyrm. "What do you mean she wasn't there?" Fangs asked. "I went to pick her up and she didn't come out so I went inside and they told me her appointment finished early and she left! She should be here!" Jughead panicked, Noah became fussy in his arms. "Toni. Take Noah upstairs please, I need to find Betty" jug said as Toni took Noah from his arms and went up to the apartment. "Okay we're coming" Sweetpea said, pointing to him and fangs. "Me too" FP said. But before anyone could move the doors opened and Betty stumbled in. "BETTS!" Jug screamed in horror and rushed to her as she fell to the ground. "Betts?! Betty?! Stay with me..." he panicked as he lifted her up. "What happened?!" Jug said as Betty was falling out of consciousness. "Mmm... mugged... hurt.... ghoulie" Betty mumbled before passing out. "Son! We have to get her to a hospital" FP said and they rushed to the truck.

In the waiting room Sweetpea was on the phone to Toni telling her what happened and to watch Noah. "Family of Elizabeth Jones?" A Doctor came out. "That's us" jug stood up. "Hi, my names doctor foster" he said. "Elizabeth was very lucky, she has a concussion and a few broken ribs but apart from that she's okay. We are doing tests on internal bleeding as she seems to be injured in the stomach area. I'm guessing whoever mugged her kicked her in the stomach". "Son of a bitch.." jug mumbled. "Is she awake?" Jughead asked. "Not yet but she's heavily sedated she should be awake in the next hour or so" the doctor said. "You can see her now" he said and Jughead rushed into her room. His heart shattered when he saw his wife lying in the bed covered in cuts and bruises. He'd lost count of the amount of times he'd had to see her in a hospital bed. He sat on the edge of the bed and took her hand. "Oh baby... what have the done to you ?"....