Chapter 53

The next day jughead was feeling 100% better so he just assumed it was a 24 hour illness. They had a scan that morning to see if the baby was doing okay and to answer any questions they had now they were in the third trimester. Jughead woke up and turned to the side to see the sleeping face of his beautiful blonde wife. He smiled as he stroked the hair from her face and watched as she pouted in her sleep, snuggling closer into the covers. "Mmm morning" she mumbled. He chuckled and kissed her nose. "Good morning gorgeous" he smiled. She opened her eyes to look at him and he burst out laughing at the sight of her wrapped up like a burrito, she just glared at him. "Wow, you're fun this morning" he teased, as he unwrapped her and kissed her softly, her arms coming around his neck. "Sorry I'm just tired I didn't get much sleep last night" she yawned. "Why not?" He asked, leaving over her while he placed a hand on her cheek. "I just couldn't get comfy! I mean I'm huge now!" She huffed. "I'm sorry you're having trouble baby but you're not as big as you think you are" he says, not wanting her to think low of her beautiful body. "It's just in the way!" She moaned again. "You look adorable when you pout" he smirked and kissed her lips. "Come on you, let's get up and have some breakfast" he said as he stood up, pulling on some sweat pants. He hovered over her and she snaked her arms around his neck. "No! Let's stay in bed" she said, not letting him go. He laughed and leaned backwards, talking her with him before picking her up, his arms under her bum and her legs wrapped around him. "That wasn't fair" she said even though she was giggling. "Now you sit here and look pretty while I make us breakfast" he smiled and placed her on the Couch. He decided to make pancakes and while he was waiting for them to cook he made himself a coffee and Betty a tea. He took it over to her and the sight he was greeted with made his heart Melt. Betty was wrapped in a big fluffy pink blanket and she was sat on her phone. "Here you go baby" he said, kissing her head and handing her the tea. "Thanks juggie" she smiled.

After breakfast they got dressed and jughead sat on the bed while betty did her hair and makeup. "You look beautiful betts" he said when she was done. "Thank you" she blushed and leaned up to kiss him. "Are you ready for the scan?" He asked, placing his hands over her bump and feeling their baby boy kick his palms. "Yeah, I'm hoping Doctor brown will answer a few questions I have on the birth" she said. "You don't have to worry baby. She'll put your mind at ease" he said and laced their fingers together.

"Elizabeth Jones" the nurse called and Betty and jughead made their way into the room. "Hey guys" doctor brown smiled. "Hi" they greeted. "How are you two?" She asked. "We're good!" Jughead smiled. "Great! Betty why don't you get on the bed and pull your Shirt up" Doctor brown said and Betty did as she Said and then reached to hold jugheads hand. "Okay... so here's your baby boy" she smiled and Betty and jughead Both grinned at each other and jughead leaned down to kiss Betty's head. "Okay everything's looking good, both mom and baby are perfectly healthy" Doctor brown smiled brightly and jughead sighed in relief "thank god" he smiled and Betty squeezed his hand. "Do you have any questions?" Doctor brown asked and she printed off the ultra sound pictures. "Erm I have a few about the birth" Betty said as jughead helped her sit up and clean up her stomach. "She's a bit scared" jughead added and kept a hand on Betty's back, rubbing comfortingly. "It's just scares me and I hear all these horror stories about birth and I realise that I really have no idea what I'll have to go through" Betty said. "That's completely understandable" Doctor brown said softly. "It's a scary thought but it's normally a pretty easy thing, rarely complications. And if there is I'll be there to fix them so don't worry, I'll make it as easy as possible" she smiled. "Thank you!" Betty said. "Also here's a list of birthing classes you can attend at any point their all free, they have classes that help with breathing, ones for how to put on Nappies and all of that but there's also classes that will just educate you" Doctor brown said handing them a flyer. "Thank you, We'll have a look" jughead said as he helped Betty down off the bed.

"So do you want to check out some of those classes" jughead Asked when they got back into the truck. "Yeah! I think we should at least look into them" Betty said as jughead held her hand, pulling the truck out of the car park. "I agree, so what shall we do now?" He asked. "Can we go to pops? Your son is craving a vanilla milkshake" she smiled. "Oh really? Our son is?" He smirked. "Okay... maybe your wife is also craving a vanilla milkshake" she grinned and he burst out laughing, turning in the direction of pops.