Chapter 36

Jughead was woken up by loud knocking at the door. He turned to his side and saw Betty stirring in her sleep; not wanting her to wake up as she'd been having trouble sleeping he went to open the door. When he opened it, Veronica was on the other side of the door. "Finally!" She huffed, pushing past him. "What the he'll Veronica it's 9am!" He said. "Where's B? I've come to plan the baby shower" she said looking for her best friend. "She's sleeping" jug rolled his eyes but before Veronica could say anything Betty interrupted them. "Not anymore" she yawned and rubbed her tired eyes. Jughead sighed and went over and wrapped her up in his eyes, kissing her head. "You can go back to sleep baby, it's okay" he said, knowing she'd been up tossing and turning all night; pregnancy didn't make it easy to get comfortable and sleep. "It's okay" she yawned. "Can you make me a tea please?" She asked him. "Of course honey" he smiled and kissed her nose. "Veronica do you want anything?" He asked, moving to the kitchen. "No thank you" she said, already pulling Betty to the table and showing her baby shower ideas.

Jughead had left the girls to plan the baby shower and went down to hang out with the serpents. He was halfway through a game of pool when he heard Betty yelling from upstairs. Before he could get to the stairs the girls were coming down them. "I CANT BELIEVE YOU!" Betty screamed at Veronica. "B, please listen to me..." Veronica said. "NO! GET THE FUCK OUT!" Betty yelled, tears in her eyes. "What!? Betty please..." Veronica pleaded. "Betts? What's happened?" Jug said, moving over to Betty. "She wants to invite Abigail, to track her down and hand her into the police!" Betty scoffed. "I will not have my baby's baby shower turn into a drama!" Betty said. "Betts, I think Veronica might have a point" jug said and Betty glared at him and stepped away from him. "What?!" She Said. "If Abigail comes here then we can arrest her and then she'll be out of our lives" he said. Betty laughed. She actually laughed but she was mad. "Veronica. Leave" she said "and jughead. Stay away from me" she said and went upstairs. "Betts wait!" Jug said but FP stopped him.

"Son let her calm down" FP said. "God Why did I agree with her?!" Jug said, angry he didn't listen to betty and took Veronica's side. "You has good intentions but think about it at the gender reveal it was a shit show, she wants one day for the baby that's perfect" FP said and jughead was hit with instant guilt. He was interrupted by a smash of glass from upstairs and Betty's scream. Him and FP rushed upstairs to find Betty gripping onto the counter, a vase smashed on the floor. "Betty?! What's wrong?!" Jug said rushing to her. "It hurts" she said through gritted teeth. "Darling the doctor said you can experience pain if you stress yourself out so you need to relax" FP said and helped guide her to the the bedroom while jughead watched helplessly.

"She wants to talk to you" FP said coming from the bedroom. Jughead nodded and headed into their room. "How you feeling?" He asked as he stood by the wall, not knowing where they stood. "Juggie" she said. "Come here" she added and patted the space next to her. "I'm sorry betts" he said wrapping his arms around her. "Me too, I shouldn't have reacted like that and I already called V to apologise but I just didn't want anything like what happened at the reveal to happen again, I thought I lost you" she sobbed into his chest. "I know baby, I just got ahead of myself, I want Abigail gone so we can finally move on but this shower is for our son and it's going to be perfect" he said, and she nodded and kissed his chest. "I love you baby girl" he said. "I love you too" she said.