Chapter 59

On a rainy Thursday Betty's small bubble of happiness was broken by a phone call. A phone call to the bars phone that was hardly ever used. Everyone was sat around the table, just about to tuck in to their dinner when the ring of the bars phone sounded through the walls. Everyone went Silent and looked at each other before Sweetpea stood up and answered it. "Hello?" He said. Everyone watched as he listened to the person on the other side of the line, then looked over at Betty and held out the phone "it's for you". Betty slowly stood up, confused, and took the phone from Sweetpea's hand. "Hello?" She said shakily. "Is this Elizabeth Cooper?" A woman on the other end asked. "It's Elizabeth Jones now but yes, how may I help you?" Betty said, looking over at everyone confused. "Do you know a miss Pollyanna Cooper?" The woman said and Betty froze. "Polly?" She whispered. "She's my sister... why what's happened?!" Betty added, getting worked up. Jugehad stood up but didn't say anything. "I'm so sorry but she's been in a car accident, this is Greendale hospital" the woman said. "Oh my god" Betty said, tears falling down her face. "And.. and the twins?" Betty asked but not wanting To know the answer. "Yes and her children, so far the twins are okay but Polly is in critical condition" the woman said. "I..I'm on my way" Betty cried and hung up. "Betty?" Jughead said. "We.. have to go! We have to go right now!" Betty sobbed. "Woah! Hey betts. What's happened?" Jug asked, placing hands on her shoulders to ground her. "Polly and the twins were in a car accident, they're in Greendale we need to go" Betty said. "Okay, okay let's go" Jug said Taking her hand. "I'm coming too" FP said. "I'll drive" he added.

The drive there took almost two hours and half way through Betty asked FP if they could pull over and when he did she quickly rushed out from the back where her and Jugehad were sitting and threw up at the side of the road. "Shh. Let it out baby" Jugehad said, rubbing a hand up and down her back in comfort. "Sorry" she groaned when she was done. "It's okay, are you ready to carry on?" Jughead asked handing her a bottle of water from the truck. Betty just nodded and they climbed back in; Betty leaning into Jugehads side as he rubbed a hand over her bump.

When they got to the hospital they rushed into the reception as Betty was yelling at the nurse for pollys information. "Polly Cooper! Where's Polly Cooper!" She demanded. "Hang on a second mam" a nurse said. "No! I WILL NOT HANG ON WHERES MY SISTER!" Betty yelled. "Calm down baby" Jugehad said wrapping his arms around her from behind. "The twins are in room 217. They're okay, just a few bumps and scrapes..." the nurse said. "And my sister?" Betty asked. The next sentence caused Betty's world to come crashing down. "She's in a coma at the moment... we're not sure if she's going to make it".